Make turkey hunting worthwhile by investing in the best turkey guns available today.
In this article:
- Winchester SX3 Longbeard
- Weatherby 459 Turkey
- Mossberg Tactical Turkey Thug
- Remington 870 SPS Shurshot
- Stoeger P-350
5 Best Turkey Guns You Can Get Your Hands On
Shop for the Best Turkey Gun Today
Looking for the best turkey gun for the money can be just as tricky as hunting the fowl itself. It is hard to choose unless you have an excellent list to begin with. This is the guide you need.
Use your favorite turkey gun to get some delicious, healthy meat to put yourself into a food coma. I listed them in descending price order. The most expensive one is at the top.
1. Winchester SX3 Longbeard ($1,269)[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BwMoOwMBwQE/ hidecaption=true width=625] This 12-gauge Winchester turkey gun comes with a 24-inch barrel. It holds shotshells up to 3.5 inches in length. Oh, and it’s an auto-loader. You don’t have to pump the next shell into the chamber. The gun has a finish in Realtree Xtra Green camo to keep you out of plain sight from those nosy birds.
It is a reliable turkey gun from a well-known manufacturer. It is sure to get the job done. Some have gone on to say this is the absolute best turkey gun for the money.
2. Weatherby 459 Turkey ($799)
— Yamaha Outdoors (@YamahaOutdoors) March 31, 2016
The Weatherby 459 Turkey is another of the semi-automatic 12-gauge best turkey guns. The good news is it is in a more affordable price range. For under $800, you can take an auto-loading shotgun into the woods with you, then you can come out with a considerable gobbler.
The barrel is 22 inches long and has fiber-optic sights for easy target acquisition. If you’re not a fan of using sights, you can install an optic on the removable Picatinny rail. This gun comes in a Realtree Xtra Green Camo finish.
What Are Fiber-Optic Sights? These are transparent fiber sights capable of transmitting light that make them more visible.
3. Mossberg Tactical Turkey Thug ($720)
— Mossy Oak (@MossyOak) April 4, 2012
This pump-action Mossberg turkey gun comes chambered in .410, 20, and 12 gauges. You also have the option to choose varying lengths of pull. The barrel can be blued or dipped in camo to match the Mossy Oak Obsession the rest of the shotgun has.
4. Remington 870 SPS Shurshot ($565)[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh4r_g5H5Pf/ hidecaption=true width=625] One of the best turkey guns, the 870 is a tool that many hunters return to time and again. It is popular for its reliability and functional design. A Remington 870 turkey gun for sale can have a Mossy Oak Obsession finish.
This 12-gauge turkey shooter comes with a 21-inch barrel, an extra full choke, and a thumb-through pistol grip buttstock. You have extra stability when you don’t want to take your gun out of the pocket but still need to call that gobbler over to your blind.
5. Stoeger P-350 ($479)
Count on the reliable P-350 Pump shotgun to fire any and all 12-gauge ammo pic.twitter.com/nWSKMV8kAp
— Stoeger (@Stoeger_USA) July 8, 2015
The most affordable turkey gun on this list is also probably the one you’ve never heard of. This pump-action shotgun comes with a 24-inch barrel. It can shoot shells up to 3.5 inches long. It features a Real Tree APG camo pattern to make sure those Toms can’t see you.
Spring turkey season is fast approaching. Looking for the best style of sights for turkey guns? Watch this video from O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc. to know more:
Many factors can affect the outcome of turkey shooting or even hunting. These include training and the type of gun you use. If this is a passion, then it deserves only the best turkey guns. Take a pick among those on the list.
What do you think are the best turkey guns? Share your list in the comments section below.
- 7 Awesome Guns For Mountain Hunting
- Chronograph and Ballistics | Long Range Hunting Tips
- 40 Best Rifles Perfect For Hunting Season | Gun Carrier
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published on November 26, 2015, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.