For us here in Texas, it already feels like spring is in full swing. I don't know about you, but when the weather starts to warm up like this all I can think about is throwing my tent and sleeping bag in the car and finding a nice camping spot for the weekend.
If you're an avid camper like I am, you're probably constantly looking for ways to make camping easier. Sure, we like to “rough it” now and then, but that doesn't mean we don't like to have some creature comforts and conveniences to make our camping a little easier and more fun.
The video below from Intense Angler on YouTube has a few great camping tips to consider for your next trip, such as:
- If you set up a clothesline, use breadbag clips as clothespins.
- Instead of bags of ice, pre-freeze bottles of water for your cooler. This will keep your food from getting soggy, and as a bonus once they melt you'll have fresh, clean drinking water.
- To avoid tripping over your guyline at night, wrap a small square of tinfoil around it with part of the foil draping down. This will create a reflective surface and keep your from tripping.
- When setting up your firepit, include a flat, stable rock to set your food on. This will keep the food from spilling, while keeping it hot due to proximity to the fire.
- Apply a small dab of toothpaste (not gel) to a mosquito bite to heal it and keep it from itching.
Want to learn more? Check out these related articles from our website:
Make a Pack Basket for Camping
17 Responses to :
5 Camping Tips and Tricks