Get to know some guns you can live without.
In this article:
Don’t Keep All Guns | Get Some Ideas of Weapons to Dispose
Some Guns Are Not Worth Keeping
Is there such a thing as having too many guns? Believe it or not, the answer is yes.
If you’re an avid gun collector, then you have an expensive hobby. Some guns are not getting any cheaper.
Guns (and the ammo that goes with them) can take up a lot of room as well. Perhaps your partner is already complaining about the lack of storage.
It’s also possible you want to exercise better gun control, or you’re thinking of buying new firearms.
In these situations, there may only be one solution: get rid of some of them.
This idea may be painful, but it may be a consolation to know not all guns are great. Some are not worth keeping.
Which ones are they? Click here to find out.
Why Those Guns Don’t Matter Anymore
Like many of us, the Late Boy Scout is a man of great passion when it comes to firearms.
His wildly popular Youtube channel is a testament to that fact. He uploads informative and practical videos.
These then help to educate other firearms enthusiasts. Most importantly, he’s able to share his deep love of everything weaponry.
Discover the Truth About Almost Anybody: Be In The Know About The People in Your Life! Try A Background Check Today. Social Media, Photos, Police Records, Background Checks, Civil Judgments, Contact Information and Much More!
Weaponry Definition: It refers to any instrument or weapon that can inflict damage or harm to property and life.
- TITANIUM COATED RAZOR SHARP STEEL - The Wolf uses high-quality 440C Steel, for a perfect balance of edge retention and ease of sharpening; The...
- "UNBREAKABLE" 4" LONG FULL TANG BLADE - This rugged 5.5mm thick drop point blade uses a piece of the best 440C stainless steel on the market, which...
- 300 POUND CORD TIE AND GLASS BREAKER - If you get into an emergency, the 300-lb rated cord tie and glass breaker on the handle could very well save...
A self-professed “gun guy,” this Internet celebrity confessed to owning a wide variety of firearms.
He obsesses over them as well. He looks for them, buys them, utilizes them, and upgrades them.
More often than not, he trades these guns.
What will make such a collector sell? For a man with such obvious respect for firearms, what qualities will a gun need to have for him to toss it to the side?
The Late Boy Scout posted a video detailing his top five guns to get rid of. He also talked about why he made the decisions to do so. The results were more than a little shocking.
RELATED: 20 Firearm Safety Tips
What Did He Say?
Here’s a summary of what he said about Ruger 10/22:
Known as the “American Staple,” the Ruger 1022 is without a doubt one of the best semi-automatic rifles on the market. It is simple to use and works exceptionally well. The rotary magazine is renowned for its reliability and its style is unmistakably sleek. It is truly a gun worthy of the devotion of its users!
Although perfect for “plinking,” small game hunting or target shooting, it is not ideal for training for tactical purposes. Because he was looking to build his AR skill level in a practical way, The Boy Scout felt the Smith and Wesson M&P 1522 was a superior semi-automatic 22 rifle.
- Titanium Coated Razor Sharp Steel Blade - The HR-30 uses high-quality 440C Steel, for a perfect balance of edge retention and ease of sharpening; The...
- Unique Notched Blade - Different from its cousin HR-15, the HR-30 adds a notched blade that allows for controlled slicing and cutting through even the...
- Spring-Assisted Opening - With the HR-30's spring assisted lightning fast open, in just seconds you will have this tool (or weapon) at the ready
Of course, this is only one man’s opinion. Everyone has a different firearm collection and needs.
At the end of the day, it’s still your discretion how you manage your guns.
These tips, though, are helpful when you need to pare down your guns. They will give you a better idea which ones are worth keeping.
After all, you can use one gun at a time. Having multiple guns lying around the house may put you at a disadvantage.
- TITANIUM FINISHED RAZOR SHARP STEEL BLADE - The Edge uses high-quality 440C stainless steel, for a perfect balance of edge retention and ease of...
- SLEEK AND DISCREET - When a tactical knife isn't practical this sophisticated pocket knife slips discreetly in your pocket to go everywhere you do
- AMBIDEXTROUS OPENING - Whether you're a righty or a lefty, having thumb studs on both sides make it easy for you to open
Here’s a video by Fairfax County Police Department on how to call the police when you need to dispose of guns and ammunition :
Gun ownership is a serious responsibility. Trimming down your collection can help implement better gun control.
Just keep your best guns for self-defense and be a model gun owner.
What are your reasons for disposing of guns and ammunition? Share your reasons in the comments section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in March 2015, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.