These long range hunting rifles are easy on your wallet and powerful enough to bag you a big kill.
In this article:
- Winchester XPR
- Savage 12 Long Range Precision – .6.5 Creedmoor
- Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD – .308 Win
- Thompson/Center Dimension – Multi-Caliber
- Remington 700 VTR
- Tikka T3 Lite – .260 Rem
Long Range Hunting Rifles You Can Easily Afford
Long Range Hunting Rifles on a Budget
These rifles have the ability to shoot accurately from long distances. They also come with a price that will not cost you an arm and a leg.
For those who are new to hunting, an inexpensive rifle with the capability to shoot or reach its target with ease and with remarkable accuracy can be hard to find. Best of all, they’re actually affordable.
Check it out and pick your choice!
1. Winchester XPR[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BqSKdprliJY/ hidecaption=true width=625] For years, Winchester has been a leading rifle manufacturer, and the brand is synonymous with quality for many American hunters. With the use of cutting-edge technologies, engineers of Winchester created long range bolt-action rifles that are both tough and reliable.
The XPR has a superior trigger system that gives you a light, clean and crisp trigger pull. With a price ranging from $450-$500, this is one inexpensive rifle that can fit your deer hunting requirements. Truly, Winchester rifles are “the rifleman’s rifle.”
2. Savage 12 Long Range Precision – .6.5 Creedmoor
— West Coast Armory (@WCARange) January 3, 2017
This Savage 12 Long Range Precision rifle can shoot from a thousand yards with accuracy and efficiency. For the street price of $800, this rifle has an exceptional barrel, trigger, and stock.
Don’t mistake it for how basic it looks: trust the many shooters who say that it performs at a remarkably high level. This kick-ass rifle comes in .243 Win, 260 Rem, and 6.5 Creedmore.
3. Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD – .308 Win[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/_iLCKwBGBF/ hidecaption=true width=625] Survivalist Needed: Sign Up Now to be a “Tactical Gear Tester” for the FPA.
To those hunters who opt to shoot 800 meters or less and want to use a flash suppressor, muzzle break, and sound suppressor, then this rifle is perfect for you. For a low street price of $650, this badass rifle has the capability to shoot supersonic and subsonic ammunition.
What Is Subsonic Ammunition? These are bullet rounds that have less gunpowder making them travel slower than the speed of sound.
This Remington 700 SPS Tactical rifle is one of the long range rifle calibers with exceptional threaded muzzle. So if you’re looking for a bolt-action rifle that won’t cost you a fortune, this one gets the job done.
Breaking News Alert: Facebook Is Suppressing Politically Conservative Content. Join PatriotPlanet.com Today and Let Your Voice Be Heard.
4. Thompson/Center Dimension – Multi-Caliber[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BdMiIu2n4QC/ hidecaption=true width=625] If you’re looking for a hunting rifle that offers impressive accuracy, and with unique features such as the ability to change barrels, bolts, and magazines that can support .300 Winchester Magnum to .204 Ruger, then this is the one for you.
The Thompson/ Center Dimension has a street price of under $600. A hunting rifle that has the combination of flexibility and affordability is definitely a must-have.
It resembles one of those ordinary air rifles but just like what they say—looks can be deceiving.
5. Remington 700 VTR[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq48x3AHyY0/ hidecaption=true width=625] The Remington 700 VTR is the most expensive rifle on this list. Priced at $930, this bad boy is nothing short of excellent in terms of performance.
This Varmint Tactical is a revolutionary bolt-action rifle for a lot of reasons. First, it has an externally adjustable trigger and has a virtually zero creep. It has a level of shot control that is unparalleled by any factory trigger today.
This rifle also has the most efficient recoil pad in the world of hunting rifles today. So if you’re a hunter looking for a one-of-a-kind combination of excellent accuracy, compact size, and lightweight, this is the perfect choice for you.
6. Tikka T3 Lite – .260 Rem[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv5dj6fF5E9/ hidecaption=true width=625] The Tikka T3 Lite is an entry-level rifle for long-range shooting. With a street price of just over $500, this rifle is strikingly accurate, even at long distances.
This astonishing rifle can reach a thousand yards easily. With a hammer forged barrel and smooth bolt throw, this Sako-made rifle stands out in any group of rifles.
If you’re eager to know what the best caliber is for a long range hunting rifle, then you need to check this video out from Epic Outdoors:
Rifle manufacturers are constantly making weapons that can improve the way you shoot without hurting your budget, and they even make it a point to cater to a wide demographic. Unmatched accuracy and precision, coupled with affordability, are some of the important factors that hunters look for in a long range hunting rifle.
It is not that difficult to find one that will match this specific description. These long arms are comparable to custom rifles with outstanding performance in the field.
Penny for your thoughts? Tell us what you think about this list by dropping your two cents in the comments section below!
- Rifle Shooting Tips & Techniques | 11 Surprising Things New Rifle Shooters Need to Know
- Hunting Rifle Calibers Explained – 204 Ruger to 45-70 Govt
- Custom Hunting Rifle Spotlight – The HS 338 Lapua
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on April 23, 2018, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.