Though mostly associated with the military, the AR-15 rifle is a versatile piece that also does a great job in the field. Whether you are hunting for fun or a bounty, you need the best scope for an AR-15 for coyote hunting to increase your chances for success.
7 Best Scopes for AR-15 Coyote Hunting This Season
1. Nikon Buckmasters II 3-9×40 BDC Reticle AR-15 Scope
Nothing beats an affordable and quality scope when it comes to coyote hunting, and that is what you get with the Nikon brand’s Buckmasters II 3-9×40 AR-15 rifle scope.
Like other manufacturers, Nikon gets their lens glass from reputable glass companies, and therefore the quality, clarity, and durability of the lenses fitted on the Buckmasters II 3-9×40 BDC Reticle riflescope is out of the question.
Aside from great optics, the Nikon’s BDC reticle comes with a commendable eye relief of up to four inches. Not to mention that any beginner hunter will easily master bullet drop compensation with this piece – the lower half vertical crosshair circles are way easier to use than cross lines.
- It is affordable
- Excellent eye relief for the hunter
- Rugged but reliable design
- It has a unique reticle system
- Clear FMC lens
- It is prone to inconsistencies when holding the zero.
2. Vortex Optics Crossfire II 3-9×40 V-Brite Reticle RiflescopeHunting coyotes requires that you invest in a riflescope that optimizes the precision of your AR-15. One such scope is the Crossfire II 3-9×40 V-Brite. With a sight image that makes your target seem a few yards away, you can bet that hunting with this piece is a thrill.
The scope also features an aircraft-grade aluminum body, that makes it not only effortless to bring to any hunting adventure. But also ensures your piece is well protected from harsh weather elements.
Whether you are aiming for long- or close-range shots, the FMC lens of the Optics Crossfire II guarantees you distortion-free images in the crosshairs. Also, the capped design of the turrets allows for a more pleasant adjustment.
- Reliable all-round performance
- Functional reticle
- Superior quality lens glass
- Solid but lightweight body
- Capped dials for smooth adjustment
- Does not come with lens caps.
3. Nikon P-Tactical .223 3-9×40 Matte BDC600 AR-15 ScopeWorldwide, hunters rely on Nikon lenses to provide an unbeatable scope on their AR-15s. If you are such a hunter and are looking for a budget-friendly scope that matches your AR with a .223 Remington, Nikon P-Tactical BDC600 is what you need.
The specifications that standout for the P-Tactical AR-15 scope is its elevation adjustments and windage dials. Not only are these the right size, but they also come complete with large grooves for more precision. Moreover, resetting the scope to zero is no difficult than dialing an in-shot compensation.
Functionality aside, P-Tactical BDC600 also delivers on aesthetics and makes the perfect complement for your AR-15. Though not as shiny, the matte finish on the scope brings on a level of class. But with such a well-structured eyepiece, optics can never be an issue with the P-Tactical BDC600.
- Best value for your money
- Easy to reset to zero
- High-quality lenses
- More than enough eye relief
- Reliable dynamics and turret feedback
- It may have a small reticle for some people
Tip: Besides coyotes, this scope is great for going after varmint too.
4. Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 1-6×24 SFP AR-15 ScopeYou will love the Vortex Optics Strike Eagle if you are looking for a scope that sits perfectly on your AR-15 while giving you precise shots at all times – Vortex Optics is how you gain a winning edge over your hunting buddies this coyote hunting season.
Like other Vortex scopes, the Strike Eagle comes with a quality glass lens that fits the bill and can easily outperform other pricy coyote rifle scopes even without extra-low-dispersion glasses.
We especially love the illuminated reticle that makes sighting your target insanely easy during the day. With the illuminated reticle, you can effortlessly see the centre of the crosshairs hence enabling you to place your shot more accurately.
The elevation dial might be a bit small, but it still works great, but the focus adjustment is amazingly sharp.
Important: Due to the use of a second focal plane design, the marking on the reticle stays the same even when your mark is zoomed in.
Tip: The glass-etched BDC design of the reticle could do with a few improvements.
- Great value for your money
- Clear and sharp reticle
- High precision aiming characteristics
- Responsive and easy-to-use dials
- Rugged construction
- Unconventional reticle design
5. ATN X-Sight II HD 5-20 Smart Day/Night Rifle ScopeWith the ANT X-Sight, you get the best of the night and day worlds – reliable target sighting that more often than not outdoes scopes with large objectives and multicoated lenses.
The X-Sight also features advanced technology like Wi-Fi connectivity, video recording, among others that make it a great tool for entertainment as it is for hunting. Not to mention how well it fits on the platform of any AR-15.
- Smart attributes
- Great optics
- HD-quality images for daytime and night hunting
- Has a ballistic calculator hence more precise shots
- The scope is too heavy.
6. Trijicon TR24 AccuPoint 1-4×24 Dual-Illuminated RiflescopeEvery game hunter needs to check out the TR24 AccuPoint. It is Trijicon’s offering to the coyote hunting diehards. The TR24 comes with all the qualities of a dependable scope from its lens to reticle performance down to its solid make
The scope also comes with an array of reticle options to choose from, that is the Duplex, BAC triangle, and German #4. Along with these, the scope has distortion-free light-gathering during a sighting, unlike other scopes.
Important: Despite having a fine groove on the dials, the TR24 holds zero exceptionally well.
- Bright and simple reticle
- Distortion-free lens
- Good quality of turrets
- Good hold of the zero
- Solid construction but lightweight
- The illuminated triangle is almost invisible in daylight.
7. Bushnell Banner 3-9×40 Dusk & Dawn Multi-X Reticle RiflescopeWith coyotes adapting to human behavior and only going out when it safe for them – at night or twilight, serious hunters require a scope that increases their odds for success in these conditions. And what better scope for your AR-15 than the Bushnell’s Banner 3-9×40 Dusk & Dawn?
With great optical quality and light gathering capabilities, there is zero need for any thermal imaging gadgets on your AR-15 – Bushnell already takes care of light transmission during Dusk & Dawn. However, the scope is not limited to low light conditions only; it performs exceptionally well in bright conditions too.
If the scope’s depth of field is the icing on the cake, its windage and elevation are the cherries on top. Also, this piece is serious about holding zero.
- Guaranteed bright and clear target images
- Exceptional light-gathering capabilities
- More than enough depth of field
- Quick-focusing eyepiece
- A reliable holding of zero
- Image distortion at high magnification.
Pro Tips to Consider When Buying the Best Scope for AR-15 Rifle
This goes without saying. All good things have a price, but that does not mean that you cannot get a functional scope for your rifle on a budget. Most of the scopes in this list are pocket friendly.
The magnification for a great scope will help you judge the bullet drop, estimate the distance, and correct or adjust for wind movement. You should, however, buy a scope with a reticle that’s best for you as it will help you perform better.
Before buying an AR-15 rifle scope for coyote hunting, keep in mind the geographical location you will be hunting. Whether you are planning on hunting in the woodlands, swamps, or wide-open plains, there are different scope magnifications suitable for each of these locations.
With coyotes being most active during dust and dawn, using a scope with light-gathering capabilities will increase your chances of landing a kill.
Clarity and Contrast
The best scopes for AR-15 coyote hunting come with valuable glass. However, to increase your chances in the field, investing in high-quality lenses should be a priority.
Watch as CountryMash presents on the best optic for your AR-15:
Your best chance at enhancing your rifle’s performance is by pairing it with the right accessories. Coyotes are smart and sneaky and highly adaptive. To take down these slippery creatures, you need all the leverage you can get, and having the best scope for your AR-15 rifle is a great place to start.
Which other scopes would you recommend for AR 15? Let us know in the comment section below!
- T3 Carbine | Night Vision Veteran and Pioneer
- The 11 Best Survival Guns
- Raccoon Repellent | How To Get Rid of Raccoons [Infographics]
Disclaimer: All content on this site is for informational purposes only. Please read our full disclaimer here.