When it comes to living a survival life, Bear Grylls is the real deal. Most people don’t know it, but he began his survival focused career in the military while serving in the 21 SAS Regiment of British Territorial Army. Following his discharge from the military, he decided to climb Mount Everest, making him the youngest citizen from England to climb the massive mountain.
Not long after his Everest adventure, Grylls landed his own television show called Man vs. Wild, which gave Grylls worldwide fame and notoriety as a survival expert and explorer.
In the midst of it all, Bear Grylls came to realize how his actions and explorations impacted others and inspired the world to learn not only more about survival but also how to become a better person in general and appreciate the great outdoors.
Here are 10 Bear Grylls quotes that will inspire you to be a better person and survivalist:
1. “The line between life and death is determined by what we are willing to do.”
2. “A man’s pride can be his downfall, and he needs to know when to turn to others for support and guidance.”
3. “Survival requires us to leave our prejudices at home. It’s about doing whatever it takes. Ultimately, those with the biggest hearts will win.”
4. “I loved climbing because of the freedom and having time and space.”
5. “All my life the only thing I’ve been good at has been climbing and throwing myself off big things”
6. “As a young boy, scouting gave me confidence and camaraderie that is hard to find in modern life.”
7. “To me the adventure has always been in the connections and the bonds you create with people while you are there. And you can have that anywhere.”
8. “You only get one chance at life and you have to grab it boldly.”
9. “I am not fearless. I get scared plenty. But I have also learned how to channel that emotion to sharpen me.”
10. “Survival can be summed up in three words – never give up. That’s the heart of it really. Just keep trying.”
- Gun Holsters For Women: A Quick Buying Guide
- Handguns For Women: How To Pick A Piece
- 6 Best Guns for Women Protecting Their Family
Disclaimer: All content on this site is for informational purposes only. Please read our full disclaimer here.
Editor’s Note – This post was originally published on October 09, 2019, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.