The Bear Grylls’ survival kit is great for its price and includes a lot of useful gear. Find out more about this awesome survival kit.
In this article:
Bear Grylls Gerber Survival Kit Review
A Versatile and Useful Survival Kit at a Great Price
Trying to find the best survival kit on the market is hard. Which kit is best and which one has the most usable survival gear? Which is the cheapest, yet most effective? Also, which kit size should I get?
If you’re into survival and prepping and you haven’t heard about man vs wild and Bear Grylls’ survival tips, you must be living under a rock. Well, you must have since you’re looking into this Gerber survival kit, so let’s check it out.
Frankly, I think just making your own survival kit may be best and easiest. However, the Bear Grylls Gerber Survival Kit is a nice little pocket kit.
This kit can be purchased online or at your local Walmart store. It cost me about $20, which is well priced considering all the gear it includes.
Breaking News Alert: Facebook Is Suppressing Politically Conservative Content. Join PatriotPlanet.com Today and Let Your Voice Be Heard.
Bear Grylls’ basic survival kit has a total of 11 items (although the box only lists eight.) These include:
- Carry case
- Waterproof Bag
- Waterproof matches
- Cotton ball (fire tinder)
- Gerber Paraframe Mini Knife
- Flint & steel fire starter
- Emergency cord
- Emergency string
- Emergency whistle
- Bear Grylls Survival Guide
- Snare wire
Pros of the Survival Kit
- Comes with a sharp and strong knife which cost about $10 alone. Also comes with flint & steel which is priced alone at about $15. You get your money’s worth plus more.
- Nice and easy pocket carry.
- Has very usable and necessary gear.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Comes with a sharp-looking carrying case.
— Survival Life (@SurvivalLF) April 7, 2016
- You can place all your kit’s gear inside the waterproof bag then put the bag in the case.
- The Bear Grylls survival kit guide is made out of waterproof paper.
- Extra space to add more survival gear.
- The matches are very high-quality.
- This kit can literally save your life.
Cons of the Kit
- The carry case zipper does not close up all the way.
- The kit comes with a cotton ball. Seriously? A cotton ball costs a couple of cents. They can do better than that.
- The whistle looks and feels cheap, but it does what it needs to do.
- It has both flint and steel and matches and you don’t really need both.
- The snare wire seems too thin to trap anything larger than a squirrel. It is also made of copper, like electrical wire. I personally think a green 22 gauge floral wire, like the one shown below, would have been best for the kit.
The pros of this kit outnumber the cons. It’s the best pocket survival kit on the market for the money, in my opinion, so I give the kit 4 out of 5 stars!
Watch the full review in this video from Ultimate Survival Tips:
If you’re looking for a pre-packaged survival kit, the Bear Grylls Gerber survival kit is a great option. But, it’s also always best to build your own kit so you’re sure you have all of your preferred items and everything you need when SHTF.
Would you consider Bear Grylls’ survival kit? Why or why not? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!
- The Ultimate Guide to Poisonous Plants | Wilderness Survival Skills
- Winter Survival Kit: The Prepper’s Guide To Winter Survival
- Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate Pro Review
Go to our Survival Life Store to shop some of our favorites self-defense tools and gear!
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on April 7, 2016, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.