Stunning, low-profile, and durable, the Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon I is one of the finest over and under shotguns at an affordable price.
In this article:
- Beretta Silver Pigeon Review
- Gun Info
- Gun Specs
- Ease of Use and Performance
- Pros and Cons
- Overall Verdict and Beretta Silver Pigeon Price
Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon I: The Low-Profile Shotgun
Beretta Silver Pigeon Review
The Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon I Over and Under Shotgun provides you the features you’ll be needing for your upland bird hunting, sporting clays, or any of the shooting sports you enjoy. It gives you smooth swings and hits quick moving targets from afar.
This classic beauty is designed to maintain its low-profile line of sight. Its features have no gaps or spaces for dirt to stick to, and the sturdy materials used to make this shotgun solid and durable.
Since the early ’50s up until today, Beretta has been producing firearms in Venice built from decades of experience and has adapted well to the needs of the global community.
The Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon I is a low-profile yet compact shotgun well-suited to sporting shooters and hunters. This beauty has durable materials enabling it to withstand a long period of time.
- Barrel Length: 26”, 28”, 30”
- Chamber Length: 3”
- Gauge: 12”, 20”, 28”, .410”
- Overall Weight: 6.2 – 6.8 lbs
- Stock: Select Walnut Oil Finish
- Finish: Matte-blued
- Capacity: 2
- Choke Tubes: C, IC, M, IM, and F
- Trigger: Single-selective
Ease of Use and Performance
This classic Beretta over and under shotgun will last from generation to generation. The Beretta has proven its durability from years of quality products and experience.
Aiming and hitting the target is not a problem for anyone using this beauty because the plane of the shooting hand is close to the eye. The flawless finish and graceful lines contribute to its classic but artistic look.
It gives an advantage to upland bird hunters and long-range shooters.
Pros and Cons
- Durable – Beretta has proved its quality products through the years of improvement and learning as time passed by.
- Balanced – This beauty has perfect balance, providing you fast-handling in your hunting periods.
- Lightweight – Its lightness contributes to the smooth-swinging of your shotgun and ease of use.
- Availability of choke tubes – In some areas, it’s hard to find Optima HP choke tubes.
What is a choke tube? The part of a shotgun’s muzzle that shapes how a shot is spread for accuracy and range.
Overall Verdict and Beretta Silver Pigeon Price
This excellent gun is priced ranging from $2,200 – $2,400. The Beretta 686 Sporting shotgun is great for some upland bird hunting as well for sporting clays.
Take a closer look at the Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon I in this video by Fabbrica d’Armi Pietro Beretta S.p.A.:
Are you ready for the action that awaits you along with your new shotgun partner? Pro or not, the Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon I is your new best friend in upland bird hunting, sporting clays and shooting hobbies.
I ordered one a few weeks ago and I’m pretty excited to try it out in the field!
Do you own a Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon I? What features do you love about this shotgun? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!
- Beretta 486 Parallelo | Gun Carrier Shotgun Reviews
- Beretta 692 | Gun Carrier Shotgun Reviews
- Modern Shooter: The Versatility Of The .25-06
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in March 2017 and has been updated for quality and relevancy.