After obtaining your concealed carry license, finding a holster for your handgun is the next big step. The best shoulder holster is incredibly convenient when you have a large handgun and need extra room for your magazines.
Check out this roundup to narrow down your choices.
Everything You Need to Know About the Best Shoulder Holster in the Market Today
1. UTG Universal Shoulder Holster
This shoulder holster by UTG is your go if you are looking for something more affordable. Unlike most holsters that feature leather and metal hardware, the UTG universal shoulder holster utilizes polyester and plastic material.
Though it lacks the visual appeal of a leather holster, it has a functional design that saves you enough money to buy ammo, among other accessories that will improve your shooting. For instance, its double magazine pouch and holster are interchangeable.
Also, the adjustable straps come with shoulder panels for even weight distribution and comfort. On the other hand, the drop-down belt loops ensure that everything stays in place, especially when you are on the move.
In addition to all these amazing features, the price tag on this shoulder holster is hard to dispute. Lastly, it has a universal fit making it a great buy as it is compatible with most handguns.
2. Galco Miami Classic Shoulder Holster
Concealed carry doesn’t get better than this Galco Miami Classic shoulder holster. With harness wraps that snugly wrap around your arms, you do not need belt loops. As a result, the holster sits high in your underarm with the muzzle pointing backward.
The two magazine pouches on the other arm come face-down with snap closures for quick and easy access. While this is a plus, the winners are the swiveling connections on the holster’s four-point harness. These guarantee comfort and natural movement, which is the point of concealed carry anyway.
The Galco Miami Classic is designed to fit 1911s perfectly, but there are other options for other popular handgun brands in the market. Its high-quality build justifies it being the most expensive shoulder holster on the list.
Discover the Truth About Almost Anybody: Be In The Know About The People in Your Life! Try A Background Check Today. Social Media, Photos, Police Records, Background Checks, Civil Judgments, Contact Information and Much More!
Tip: For versatility, the holster boasts an open end to accommodate different size barrels.
Price: $ 179.99 – $258.63
3. Aker 101 Shoulder Holster
The Aker 101 shoulder holster has the perfect balance of features and price. Thanks to its affordable price, you can expect to enjoy a leather-fitted platform with a loopless spider harness and still have some money left for several ammo boxes.
These holsters are designed for various handgun models like Glock, Beretta, Smith & Wesson, Springfield, and Sig Sauer. It is therefore easy to find a fit for your handgun, especially with the open-end.
The magazine pouches on the opposite side allow you to carry different-sized magazines, while the two pairs of snap closures guarantee much-needed fast access. Lastly, it is available in tan and black leather, and its adjustable straps can offer a snug fit for chest sizes of up to 62-inches.
4. Aikate Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster
This Aikate deep concealment shoulder holster is the way to go if you are aiming for discreteness. Its flexible and low-profile harness allows you to sport your handgun when exercising outdoors without risking visibility.
This is thanks to the large elastic band that sits high around your ribcage and the adjustable over-the-shoulder side strap.
Though the shoulder holster has a universal fit and comes in three ambidextrous sizes, it is advisable to keep the weight down with subcompact and compact pistols. Due to its design, this shoulder holster doesn’t feature a magazine pouch and might not be the most accessible way to carry a self-defense handgun.
Price: $16.99 – $20.99
5. Federal Vertical Shoulder Holster
If your preferred self-defense handgun is a revolver, Federal has you covered with their shoulder holster. With such self-defense weapons, carrying them to a range has little to do with concealment and everything to do with ensuring that your big old wheel gun is accessible at all times.
That is why the shoulder holster comes in a vertical orientation well-suited to larger firearms like revolvers that would otherwise be unreasonable to carry in traditional underarm configuration holsters.
Its functional design features a belt loop that offers you a smooth and seamless draw and a large shoulder strap on the holster’s side to harness and support your bulky handguns.
Thanks to its adjustable straps, you can easily customize your carry position and fit depending on your handgun. But this shoulder holster is designed for medium-and-large -frame .357 and.38 revolvers with four-inch barrels and six-to-seven shot cylinders.
Note: Its nylon construction is easy to clean and guarantees durability.
- To find the best holster for your needs, consider options compatible with your weapon and whether you are wearing the holster for concealed or open carry. Lastly, consider options that are great for your body type.
- Platform-specific holsters guarantee a secure hold by snugly fitting your particular handgun model. While this greatly reduces wear and tear, it also limits what you can carry in your holster.
- Revolvers are hard to carry in standard holsters due to their distinct shape. What’s more, their long barrels demand that they be carried vertically.
- Traditional or drop holsters are a more tactical way to carry your handgun for competitions or work. You can also consider chest mounts, especially when mounted on a plate carrier.
- A holster with a snug fit is more stable, which increases your chances of building muscle memory.
- While leather holsters have a visual appeal and are more durable, they are not as well suited for wet conditions as synthetic holsters.
- The modern approach to shoulder holsters makes concealed carry even more discreet by obscuring your firearm’s recognizable profile.
- Shoulder holsters differ in material, features, fit, and concealability, but more often than not, your budget will narrow down the choices for you.
Here’s an instructographic guide. Don’t forget to download, save, or share this handy instructographic for reference:
Watch this video by Alien Gear Holsters on beginner’s guide to shoulder holsters for concealed carry:There are numerous types of holsters in the market today. However, settling for shoulder holsters means prioritizing comfort, easy accessibility when sitting or standing, additional accessories for magazines. And, of course, the ability to carry large handguns without extra weight around your waistline. Luckily, these shoulder holsters promise to do all this more, making them worth buying.
Do you have experience with any of these shoulder holsters? Which one do you prefer for concealed carry?
- 5 Best Concealed Carry Purses For Women
- Get Your Hands On The Best Concealed Carry 9mm Pistols
- Precision Rifle | 19 Affordable Precision Rifles for Hunting [5 New for 2021]
Disclaimer: All content on this site is for informational purposes only. Please read our full disclaimer here.