Election day has come. Do you worry about the Second Amendment or your gun rights? Let's see what Biden's gun safety plan is about before we blow this out of proportion.
A Quick Guide to Biden's Gun Safety Plan
It’s no secret that Joe Biden and Kamala Harris have big plans for gun control if they take office in January 2021.
However, the complicit media has made gun control a non-issue in the 2020 election – allowing their unconstitutional agenda to slide under the radar as they hammer President Trump over his coronavirus response.
A quick trip to Joe Biden’s Gun Safety page provides a full list of his plans to dissect and attack the Second Amendment, but his team has cloaked his plans in PR-approved wording that plays to the average American’s heartstrings.
16 Important Points You Must Know
For those who want to be given it straight, here’s what Joe Biden’s “Gun Safety” plan means for you:
- Ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. Not only will these weapons no longer be made or sold in the United States but consider this just a stepping stone. Semi-automatic rifles will be next, then handguns, then hunting rifles.
- Regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act. Every single firearm or magazine in your possession that qualifies as an “assault” weapon by Joe Biden’s definition (for the record, he includes 9mm handguns in his personal definition) will be subject to a $200 NFA tax stamp. That includes any firearms that you were gifted or inherited. Gun ownership will be reserved for the wealthy, pushing lower-income families out.
- Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities. There’s another word for this: CONFISCATION. First, they will tax your weapons, and then they will come for them.
- Put America on the path to ensuring that 100% of firearms sold in America are smart guns. Lay the groundwork for every firearm sold in America to require a fingerprint match for operation. That means only the owner of the weapon can fire the weapon.
- Hold gun manufacturers accountable. If you still thought up until this point that Biden’s plan was “common sense,” now imagine allowing every single gun manufacturer in America to go out of business because of civil litigation for their weapons being used in crimes. There will be no gun manufacturers left and don’t forget – he’s banning importation. It will become impossible to purchase a firearm in the United States.
Purchases and Licensing
- Reduce stockpiling of weapons. You will be limited to the purchase of one firearm per month. No exceptions.
- Give states incentives to set up gun licensing programs. Let’s spell this one out: Your tax dollars will be spent on staffing for states to require licenses prior to gun ownership. Then you will pay for your license EACH YEAR in addition to any firearms AND their new, higher taxes that you purchase. Again, firearm ownership will be only for the wealthy.
- Keep guns out of dangerous hands. Require background checks for all gun sales. Sounds reasonable, right? But Biden will require federal background checks even if you are selling a firearm to your neighbor or co-worker.
- End the online sale of firearms and ammunition. This will eliminate anyone who cannot get to a federally licensed firearm dealer, from purchasing a firearm or ammunition. If you are homebound, live in the country, or any number of reasons that you cannot drive yourself to a gun store during business hours, you will be unable to purchase a firearm.
- Require gun owners to safely store their weapons. Just in case you didn’t think the government had enough power already, they will tell you how to store your weapons in your own home.
- Hold adults accountable for giving minors access to firearms. It will now be a crime to teach a minor how to use or handle a firearm. No more hunting trips with your teenage children.
- Notify law enforcement when a potential firearms purchaser fails a background check. 95% of those who fail the NICS background check receive a false-positive denial. But under Biden, the FBI will be knocking on your door and searching your home periodically.
- New “Boyfriend Loophole” Gun Ban, which includes special federal Gun Confiscation Orders for those convicted of “stalking” because they threatened a pet during a domestic dispute.
- New “Hate Crime Loophole” Gun Ban, which includes a gun ban for any misdemeanor hate crime. In New York City, referring to someone as an “illegal alien” qualifies as a hate crime.
- Close the “Charleston loophole.” The waiting period for background checks will increase to 10 days. And then how much longer will it be extended to in the future?
- Incentivize state “extreme risk” laws. Also called “Red Flag” laws, these allow family members or law enforcement to have your guns forcibly removed from you for up to 14 days before you receive a trial date to determine if you can have them returned to you. The cost of your attorney is your own responsibility and is not refunded to you, even if you win in court and have your firearms returned to you. These orders can be renewed for up to 180 consecutive days, and eventually, become permanent. Your tax dollars will be spent to ensure guns are confiscated from law-abiding citizens.
Should You Vote for Biden?
Even if you believe that gun control is of paramount importance in the United States in 2020 (which would make you part of 0.5% that does), you have to notice that Biden’s approach to gun control pushes low-income families from purchasing firearms.
It unfairly targets current gun owners with higher taxes. And it uses our tax dollars to enforce unconstitutional taxes and bans.
If you want to see the effective end of the Second Amendment in your lifetime, vote for Joe Biden.
Remember: EVERY VOTE COUNTS.
What is your take on Biden's gun safety plan? We'd love to hear from you in the comments section!
- Walmart Prepares for Election By Pulling Guns & Ammunition Off Sales Floors
- Boy Suspended For BB Gun Incident & What His Lawyer Says About What’s Next
- Why Has Gun Control Been Absent From The 2020 Election?
Disclaimer: All content on this site is for informational purposes only. Please read our full disclaimer here.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on November 03, 2020, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.