Women ought to carry their own firearms these days, particularly in light of COVID-19 and the panic that may result.
Besides, women can feel more confident if they have a self-defense firearm at night if they’re by themselves. But any self-defense firearm needs a holster, so let’s look at some excellent gun holsters for women.
Gun Holster for Women | Buying Tips and Suggestions
What Role a Holster Plays
Holsters don’t just hold your handgun. They can also protect your pistol from the weather and from wear and tear against your clothes. They protect your skin and help you reach for the sidearm in a controlled way, rather than fumbling it in a tense moment.
More importantly, most holsters prevent accidental discharge by covering the trigger, preventing any article of clothing or even your fingers from accidentally pulling it.
Regular or Concealed Carry?
Regular holsters are usually a little bigger and come in a wider variety of different aesthetic styles and materials. They can be made of leather, nylon, Velcro, and more.
These are typically worn on the belt or pants, although they can also be worn on the ribs beneath your jacket. Regular holsters are fine in open carry states like Texas but are forbidden elsewhere.
Concealed carry holsters require a permit, but you can get a permit for this in every state in the U.S. These are also a much better choice for day-to-day carrying, as it stops people from fixating on your defense handgun all the time.
Concealed carry holsters are worn beneath the shirt in most cases and are typically attached around the waist or stomach. These are often made with elastic or nylon materials and can be belted around your torso for maximum security.
3 Things to Consider When Buying a Gun Holster for Women
Remember, women are a little smaller than men on average, so they’ll likely need a smaller holster than many you can buy at the store.
Try to find a holster that fits your wearable space; if you plan to wear it at your belt, keep your waist size in mind.
Furthermore, make sure to get a holster that will actually fit your firearm. Holsters that are too loose are no good, as they can let the firearms wiggle free. Holsters that are too tight might make it difficult to draw your weapon in a self-defense scenario.
Don’t neglect comfort! This aspect is especially true if you plan to wear the holster concealed-carry-style.
You can easily become sweaty or irritated if your holster is made with bad materials and chafes your skin.
3. Draw Speed
Finally, try to get a holster that allows you to draw the firearm quickly if your primary focus is self-defense. You can always practice extensively with whatever holster you purchase.
Learn the feel for the holster over time, so you can undo any buttons that come with its design.
Top Gun Holsters for Women
This is a universal holster that comes in both left and right-handed designs. It fits small to full-size pistols and revolvers and wraps around your belly for maximum flexibility and comfort.
It’s also designed with a smart retention strap system; this allows you to flick the strap up with your thumb to draw the firearm quickly in case you need to defend yourself.
- ➤ One Holster Fits All Hand Gun - The holster fits small subcompact, compact, and even full size pistols and revolvers, Glock 19, 23, 38, 25, 32, 26, 27, 29, 30, 39, 28, 33, 42, 43, 36, Smith and Wesson, Bodyguard, M&P Shield, Sig Sauer, Ruger, Kahr, Beretta, Springfield, Taurus, Kimber, Rock Island, Bersa, Kel Tec, Walther, and more.
- ➤ Flexible Carry Concealed Options - Ultimate Belly Band Holster is versatile and has different carry options, inside the waistband, outside the waistband, on hip, behind hip, cross draw, appendix, shoulder rig, 12 o’clock, open carry, etc. Can be worn with loose jeans, yoga pants, and even gym shorts, always keep your gun tight to your body no matter what you wear.
- ➤ Easy Thumb Break Retention Strap - Our thumb break holster is designed with strong accessible snap buttons, allowing you to flick up the retention strap with the back of thumb to draw the firearm quickly and effectively to protect yourself and family. Its quick and silent responsiveness help you easily get your weapon ready when in face of danger.
- ➤ Designed for Max Comfort - High-quality surgical grade and breathable neoprene material with professional stitching, the gun holster is soft, ultralight and durable, making you feel comfortable against bare skin and minimize sweat and discomfort. The mag pouch gives space for your extra magazines, cell phone, money, ID, knife, etc.
- ➤ Perfect Fit for Most Band - Our band holster is adjustable with elasticity velcro that stretches to fit up to a 44" belly. Measure belly or hips not pant size. It is snug to fit your body while keeping your guns securely by your side. Simply to wear and remove as you wish, suitable for Men and Women.
This affordable holster is made of soft neoprene that’s easy to put on and remove. It’s meant for fitting inside the waistband but is still very comfortable when walking or sitting.
It fits most Glock models, which are some of the most popular self-defense firearms available.
- 【NEOPRENE MATERIALS】:Thin Neoprene material,soft and breathable.Light weight, easy to put on/remove but secure when in place.
- 【COMFORTABLE CONCEALMENT】: Our Inside The Waistband Holster is very comfortable when walking and sitting.Retention strap which prevents pistol from working its way up and out during activities.Fits various guns with light or laser attachments
- 【Sturdy Clip】:The clip has enough strength to stay in place even when drawing with one hand.
- 【FITS for】 GLOCK 26, 27, 29, 30, 39, 28, 33, 36, and 43 |S&W 9MM | M&P Shield in 9mm, .40, and .45 ACP | Ruger LC9 ,380 | Taurus Slim Line, PT111 | Springfield XD Series | Beretta | Bersa | Kahr Arms | Colt | Walther | and many more Compact Pistols.
- Tips: The holster is for right hand and IWB, Means it is for right hand when put the holster inside of the waist band, while if put the holster OUTSIDE of Waistband, some customer think it is not for right hand. We've received some reports about this which is a misunderstand finally to be turn out.
This is technically a universal holster and it’s appropriate for both men and women. It’s made of durable materials and meant to be attached to your belt or pants on the inside or outside.
It’s also an ambidextrous design that allows for fast-drawing when necessary.
- 【Wide Adaptability】 Fit Glock, S&W, M&P Shield, Sig Sauer P365&SP2022, Beratta, Springfield 911.380, Taurus, Walther PPK 380&CCP&Creed&ppq, Ruger EC9s&LC9&LC9s, and Similar one.
- 【Portable Carrying】 2.15 inch metal clip, fit up to 2 inch wide belt. You can put the holster whatever angle, inside or outside of pants. It will very easy to pulled out, very easy to use. Can be conceal carry, convenient for self-defense.
- 【Durable Material】 Button made by Zn-Fe alloy plating technology. Elastic cord use the TPU material, durable in use. Holster constructed by strong 1000D nylon are not only beautiful in design, but also durable in use.
- 【Ingeniously Design】 The tailoring process is excellent, the holster can fit the Glock(or other type) in the greatest extent, prevent it from sliding down. Cut a line of stitches to fit in various types.
- 【In Common Use】 This holster made for right hand and left. There is a place for the clip on either side. Can be adjusted according to personal wearing habits.
Do you think you need a holster? If you do, bear these tips in mind when you go shopping for gun holsters for women.
Sometimes, it does take a bit of experimenting and trial-and-error to get the perfect one for you!