Women ought to carry their own firearms these days, particularly in light of COVID-19 and the panic that may result.
Besides, women can feel more confident if they have a self-defense firearm at night if they’re by themselves. But any self-defense firearm needs a holster, so let’s look at some excellent gun holsters for women.
Gun Holster for Women | Buying Tips and Suggestions
What Role a Holster Plays
Holsters don’t just hold your handgun. They can also protect your pistol from the weather and from wear and tear against your clothes. They protect your skin and help you reach for the sidearm in a controlled way, rather than fumbling it in a tense moment.
More importantly, most holsters prevent accidental discharge by covering the trigger, preventing any article of clothing or even your fingers from accidentally pulling it.
Regular or Concealed Carry?
Regular holsters are usually a little bigger and come in a wider variety of different aesthetic styles and materials. They can be made of leather, nylon, Velcro, and more.
These are typically worn on the belt or pants, although they can also be worn on the ribs beneath your jacket. Regular holsters are fine in open carry states like Texas but are forbidden elsewhere.
Concealed carry holsters require a permit, but you can get a permit for this in every state in the U.S. These are also a much better choice for day-to-day carrying, as it stops people from fixating on your defense handgun all the time.
Concealed carry holsters are worn beneath the shirt in most cases and are typically attached around the waist or stomach. These are often made with elastic or nylon materials and can be belted around your torso for maximum security.
3 Things to Consider When Buying a Gun Holster for Women
Remember, women are a little smaller than men on average, so they’ll likely need a smaller holster than many you can buy at the store.
Try to find a holster that fits your wearable space; if you plan to wear it at your belt, keep your waist size in mind.
Furthermore, make sure to get a holster that will actually fit your firearm. Holsters that are too loose are no good, as they can let the firearms wiggle free. Holsters that are too tight might make it difficult to draw your weapon in a self-defense scenario.
Don’t neglect comfort! This aspect is especially true if you plan to wear the holster concealed-carry-style.
You can easily become sweaty or irritated if your holster is made with bad materials and chafes your skin.
3. Draw Speed
Finally, try to get a holster that allows you to draw the firearm quickly if your primary focus is self-defense. You can always practice extensively with whatever holster you purchase.
Learn the feel for the holster over time, so you can undo any buttons that come with its design.
Top Gun Holsters for Women
This is a universal holster that comes in both left and right-handed designs. It fits small to full-size pistols and revolvers and wraps around your belly for maximum flexibility and comfort.
It’s also designed with a smart retention strap system; this allows you to flick the strap up with your thumb to draw the firearm quickly in case you need to defend yourself.
- ➤ One Holster Fits All Hand Gun - The holster fits small subcompact, compact, and even full size pistols and revolvers, Glock 19, 23, 38, 25, 32,...
- ➤ Flexible Carry Concealed Options - Ultimate Belly Band Holster is versatile and has different carry options, inside the waistband, outside the...
- ➤ Easy Thumb Break Retention Strap - Our thumb break holster is designed with strong accessible snap buttons, allowing you to flick up the retention...
This affordable holster is made of soft neoprene that’s easy to put on and remove. It’s meant for fitting inside the waistband but is still very comfortable when walking or sitting.
It fits most Glock models, which are some of the most popular self-defense firearms available.
- 【NEOPRENE MATERIALS】:Thin Neoprene material,soft and breathable.Light weight, easy to put on/remove but secure when in place.
- 【COMFORTABLE CONCEALMENT】: Our Inside The Waistband Holster is very comfortable when walking and sitting.Retention strap which prevents...
- 【Sturdy Clip】:The clip has enough strength to stay in place even when drawing with one hand.
This is technically a universal holster and it’s appropriate for both men and women. It’s made of durable materials and meant to be attached to your belt or pants on the inside or outside.
It’s also an ambidextrous design that allows for fast-drawing when necessary.
- 【Wide Adaptability】 Fit Sig Sauer P365&SP2022, Springfield 911.380, Walther PPK 380&CCP&Creed&ppq, EC9s&LC9&LC9s, and Similar one.
- 【Portable Carrying】 2.1 inch metal clip, fit up to 2 inch wide belt. You can put the holster whatever angle, inside or outside of pants. It will...
- 【Durable Material】 Button made by Zn-Fe alloy plating technology. Soft elastic cord use the TPU material, durable in use. Holster constructed by...
Do you think you need a holster? If you do, bear these tips in mind when you go shopping for gun holsters for women.
Sometimes, it does take a bit of experimenting and trial-and-error to get the perfect one for you!