A gun lock is an essential part of firearm safety and responsible gun ownership. It makes sure that your weapon is safe from any misuse or unintentional firing.
In this article, we’ve compiled the best trigger locks this 2022 to help you store your gun safely and securely.
Top 9 Best Gun Locks on the Market
1. FSDC 38-Inch Keyed Cable Gun Lock
This gun lock is specially designed for break-action shotguns and lever-action rifles. It easily slips down your firearm, even if it has a 32-inch barrel, thanks to this lock’s 38-inch cable.
The cable is coated to survive different kinds of pressure. Plus, it won’t cause any scratch on the inner parts of your weapon.
- The cable is long and durable.
- It won’t cause wear and tear to your firearm’s interior.
- It’s easy to lock.
- A wire cutter might still pull the cable apart.
2. RioRand Trigger Lock
RioRand trigger lock uses a combination lock as its locking device. But worry not, as this type is still easy to operate. You just have to use a small screwdriver to set your preferred code.
The lock has protective cushioned rubber pads so as not to cause scratches to your firearm. It fits well with almost all shotguns, handguns, and rifles.
- It offers keyless convenience.
- It doesn’t cause damage to your gun’s finish.
- It works well with many types of firearms.
- You might find the lock a bit difficult to turn upon using it for the first time.
3. Bosvision 3-Digit Combination Trigger Gun Lock
This combination lock is scratch-resistant, thanks to its body being made of zinc and steel. This construction also provides maximum durability and quality performance, which means that the gun lock will last for years to come.
Discover the Truth About Almost Anybody: Be In The Know About The People in Your Life! Try A Background Check Today. Social Media, Photos, Police Records, Background Checks, Civil Judgments, Contact Information and Much More!
In addition, its six spring load pins offer a solid extra precaution and a secure fit around the trigger. Furthermore, the numbers in the combination dials are easy to see.
However, since it comes in bright yellow color, it may not be ideal if you prefer something low-profile.
- It’s scratch-proof and long-lasting.
- The combination is easy to set and reset.
- Its construction provides a tight fit and extra security.
- It may not be compatible with some firearms.
- Its yellow color might turn you off if you’re not a fan of bright shades.
4. BISONLOCK Fingerprint Trigger Lock
Bison trigger lock utilizes a biometric lock to protect your gun. It uses an accurate 360-degree fingerprint sensor that can unlock your gun in less than a second. This advanced software can also store up to 10 different user profiles.
This gun lock is compatible with shotguns, BB guns, rifles, and pistols. Moreover, it’s weather- and dust-resistant.
- It uses cutting-edge technology wherein you can unlock your weapon in under a second.
- You can enroll up to 10 people to access your firearm.
- It works with several firearm types.
- As a contingency, you can still unlock it using a key.
- Its construction makes it dust- and weather-resistant.
- Setting up this gun lock may be a bit complicated.
- It comes at a pretty hefty price.
5. Smart Trigger Lock (STL) Biometric Trigger Lock for GLOCK
This digital gun lock is specially designed to match several GLOCK models. It has fingerprint recognition, which is precise and responsive, allowing you to unlock your firearm in less than 0.3 seconds. It can also accommodate up to 10 fingerprint users.
Furthermore, it consumes low power as its charge can last from 800 to 1,000 lock and unlock actions. But in case of emergency, you still have the option to unlock it manually using a key.
It has a portable design, which means you can carry it with you conveniently at all times.
- You can authorize up to 10 users to unlock your firearm.
- It consumes power efficiently.
- It’s compact.
- The fingerprint sensor is fast and reliable.
- You get a key for backup.
- This gun lock is specially designed only for GLOCK models.
6. GunBlocker AR-15 Gun Lock
This gun lock features an innovative design as it locks your firearm from the inside.
It has three main components:
- Key stick
Once you insert the blocker and lock the rod, you won’t be able to insert a magazine into your firearm.
Its locking mechanism works in four ways:
- It secures both the lower and upper receiver together.
- It obstructs the magwell.
- It shuts off the trigger and action.
- It blocks the barrel.
- It features an unconventional locking mechanism that is still easy to use.
- It offers exceptional security.
- You might have a hard time removing the lock.
7. BedSide GunLock Trigger Lock
The BedSide trigger lock is, as its name would suggest, a gun lock that you can place beside your bed. It’s compatible with different firearm types and comes at an affordable price.
Its body is sturdy and long-lasting, which means that it can serve your gun well for many years. But even though it’s made of alloy steel, unlocking it is as easy as turning the key.
- It fits well with many guns.
- It’s inexpensive.
- It’s easy to install and use.
- You can conveniently put your gun with this lock on beside your bed.
- The body is hardwearing.
- You might have to exert much force to secure this lock.
8. Master Lock 94DSPT Gun Trigger Lock
This is a keyless gun lock that features a three-digit combination. It’s made of steel and zinc, making it heavy-duty enough to withstand the pressures from the external environment.
The lock is padded with a built-in cushion to avoid causing scratches and dents to your firearm. It also includes a ratchet so you can adjust the lock’s width to fit tightly around the trigger.
- It’s made of strong materials.
- It doesn’t cause any damage to your gun.
- You may use this on rifles, handguns, and shotguns.
- It’s keyless, so you don’t have to worry about losing your keys.
- You may adjust its fit.
- It might be difficult to use at night or in the dark.
9. Master Lock 90DSPT Gun Trigger Lock with Key
The 90DSPT trigger gun lock is another masterpiece from the well-known lock manufacturer Master Lock. Its body is also made of zinc and steel, assuring you of its strength and toughness. But it’s 1.5-ounces lighter than its combination lock counterpart, which is the 94DSPT.
This keyed gun lock comes with a rubber cushion to prevent causing scratches to your gun. Plus, it has a four-pin tumbler cylinder, which helps prevent picking.
- It’s strong and lasting.
- It’s lightweight.
- It’s padded with rubber to avoid causing scratches to your firearm.
- You might find its design a bit bulkier than usual, which can cause the lock to stick out.
- It may not be compatible with some firearms.
A gun is a weapon that you may use for self-defense. But if this firearm can protect you, how can you protect it in return?
This is where trigger gun locks enter the picture.
A gun lock is a device that provides an additional layer of protection for your firearm. It can be a fingerprint lock, a combination lock, or a cable tie.
However, if you’re overwhelmed with all the options on the market, just review this list, and you might find the one that suits you and your firearm best.
Which firearm safety device are you currently using to lock your handgun? Please let us know in the comments section below!
- Trigger Discipline: The Ultimate Guide
- What You Need To Know About Hiperfire Triggers
- 5 Steps To Restore Your Gun Rights In Washington State
Disclaimer: All content on this site is for informational purposes only. Please read our full disclaimer here.