There are a number of arguments about the possibility of using ice bullets for ammunition. Read on and find out if it works.
In this article:
Does Frozen Ammo Like Ice Bullets Actually Work?
Shooting Frozen Bullets
Can you really use ice bullets and shoot them with a gun? This isn’t the first time people have asked if it’s possible to use an ice gun to fire ice bullets.
Will they still be lethal to the target? Or will they melt before they actually hit?
We are going to revisit this concept and see if people have come up with a way to make ice ammunition. This video will try to mimic a shotgun slug with the ice material in Polyethylene.
What is Polyethylene? A very common plastic material used in a wide range of applications due to its toughness and flexibility. A few examples are food containers, plastic wrap, and grocery bags.
However, frozen water is not very heavy, so the key is to make the slug as big as possible.
1. Using a Polyethylene Container
The following tests will demonstrate if the ice bullet gun shoots ammo that is too light or too fragile.
2. Test Target #1 – Watermelon
For the first test, we used a watermelon as our target. Unfortunately, the low density of the ice kept it from traveling in a straight line when shot at approximately 50 feet.
The ice bullet, being lightweight, tended to curve around before reaching its destination. It didn’t have enough weight to fly straight.
— Gun Carrier (@GunCarrierUSA) September 4, 2017
Breaking News Alert: Facebook Is Suppressing Politically Conservative Content. Join PatriotPlanet.com Today and Let Your Voice Be Heard.
3. Test Target #2 – Water Jug
With the second target, the ice bullet was still inaccurate and still missed. It hit slightly to the left and a few inches above the target.
Despite the bullet’s failure in the accuracy test, the ice round penetrated through the 20-millimeter thick plywood. The big sheet of plywood was just behind the water jug.
This shows that ice traveling at great speeds can still do a lot of damage.
- Stainless Steel Whiskey Bullet Stones- Chills without diluting your macallan scotch whiskey, vodka, liqueurs, white wine and more
- Unique Bullet Shape- Our whiskey chillers are shaped like bullets, making it take less space than ordinary chill stones
- Fast Chilling Speed- A few hours of frozen time, a few minutes get enjoyment
- Classic Quality- the high-end 304 stainless steel can ensure you long lasting and stable cooling experience because this kind of steel will never corrode or rust
- Package Contents- 12 x whisky stone, 1 x storage bag. If the product has any issue, pls contact us, we would try our best to solve your problem
Watch the full video by TAOFLEDERMAUS using slug-like ice bullets:
It seems pretty obvious a bullet made of ice is not really suitable for shooting. It doesn’t have enough weight to keep it from flying in a curved line.
These tests show that ice bullets perform inaccurately compared to regular shotgun slugs. From this information, you can already imagine how smaller ice bullets would do in the same scenario.
Maybe ice material simply doesn’t have what it takes to be a great shooting bullet.
What can you say about the possibility of making ice bullets? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
- Allegiance Ammunition, Turning Conventional Ammo Wisdom On Its Head
- Ammo Lingo Part II: Understanding +P Ammunition
- How To Disassemble A Glock: Step By Step Field Stripping
- CHILL OUT AT HOME with your favorite ice-cold whiskey, cocktail or soda pop. Drop these eye-popping beverage chillers into your glass for cool refreshment in just 90 seconds.
- PRESERVES DRINK POTENCY because these chilling stones never dilute beer, wine and other fine spirits. Place them in your freezer and always be ready to toast special occasions.
- FDA-APPROVED food-grade stainless steel is noncorrosive. Arc and Ivy Whiskey Bullets retain their sleek appearance use after use, unlike plastic reusable ice cubes.
- EASY TO CARE FOR in your dishwasher. Why serve your guests watered-down drinks when you can stop them in their tracks with your finest whiskey and a fistful of bullets.
- GIFT BOXED with stainless steel tongs and a drawstring storage pouch, these handsome drink stones are quintessential home bar accessories for military or law enforcement personnel.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on November 28, 2017, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.