Have you ever heard the saying, “If you see a bear cub, keep your distance because you never know where mamma bear is?” Well, the saying is true. If mamma bear feels like you’re threatening her precious child, she’ll kick your ass. Period.
Thankfully, even though they reportedly opened fire first, she was able to shoot back because she had a weapon of her own that she was obviously more than willing to use. The victim, a combat medic in the National Guard, had the training necessary to fight off some of the evils of this world to protect herself and her young baby.
One thing is for sure, they messed with the wrong mother.
It’s my sincere hope that this shooting teaches people a few different things:
- Women are more than capable of protecting themselves with a firearm.
- Guns save lives. In this case, two of them.
- Sometimes, to equalize the disparity of force, you need a gun. She went up against two bad guys with guns and they opened fire first. I’d say she equalized it pretty well.
- The police never would have gotten to her before she was shot. If she didn’t have a gun in her possession, she and her baby would have died.
- No matter what anyone says, guns will always fall into the hands of people willing to harm others for gain.
- As long as number 5 is true, good people will need guns to defend themselves and other innocents. Period.
- Proper training is key to surviving any critical incident.
- Finally, over-penetration is real, folks. Watch the video, and take note of the holes in the outside siding. You own your bullets the second you pull the trigger, so make sure you mean it.
Unfortunately, mamma bears aren’t bullet proof, and neither is this young mother. She was on the receiving end of two shots which require surgery to fix. And, as of right now, there is no sign of the bad guys.
Hopefully they learned their lesson. But, probably not. After all, if there’s anything our politicians have taught us, it’s that you can’t fix stupid.
There was a gofundme page set up to help pay for her wounds. If you feel so inclined, check it out to help this brave, young mamma bear.
Video courtesy of WSOCTV
Like this story? Check out this other one!
Modern self-defense with the .357 Sig cartridge.