Despite the craze over semi-automatic handguns, modern revolvers still assert their presence. That’s because the classic wheel gun is an iconic weapon with a solid place in the world of firearms.
In this article:
- Revolvers Are Still Badass!
Cool and Modern Revolvers in the Market
Revolvers Are Still Badass!
While this is hard to argue from some angles, it’s also difficult to deny the pros. There is simplicity, reliability, and familiarity with modern revolvers. In fact, these revolver handguns are still being manufactured and have shown no signs of disappearing from the gun world anytime soon.
So let’s take look at some of the top revolvers in the market today!
1. Kimber K6S Revolver
Kimber is known to make virtually striking firearms and the K6S is one great addition to their list. It is the world’s lightest magnum .357 revolver that features excellent ergonomics, match-grade trigger, and stainless steel frame and cylinder.
It also comes with an internal hammer that makes it ideal for concealed carry. The Kimber K6S is a combination of quality and power that every gun enthusiast will adore.
- Ideal for concealed carry since it has a shorter 2.5-inch barrel
- Made out of satin-finished steel, which makes it durable and can even resist corrosion
Concealed Carry Definition: This is the practice of carrying a weapon in public in a concealed or hidden way.
2. Colt Cobra .38 Special
Colt has been a reputable brand for a very long time in the history of revolvers. Which means whenever they make a new gun, you should pay attention, including the Colt revolvers.
Take the Colt Cobra .38 Special, for example, which is a 6-shot revolver with fiber optic front sights. This new Cobra revolver is also all stainless steel and has better ergonomics than the old one, too.
- A 6-shot revolver with fiber optic sights created by one of the world’s most reputable gun makers
- Made out of stainless steel and has better ergonomics than the previous model
3. Ruger Redhawk 357
Discover the Truth About Almost Anybody: Be In The Know About The People in Your Life! Try A Background Check Today. Social Media, Photos, Police Records, Background Checks, Civil Judgments, Contact Information and Much More!
The Redhawk from Ruger revolvers, originally released in 1980, was chambered in .44 mag. This new 357 release has adjustable rear sights for windage and elevation.
It also features a round butt grip frame with hardwood grips and an all-stainless steel cylinder and barrel.
- Has adjustable rear sights for windage and elevation
- Has a stainless steel cylinder and barrel and features a round butt grip frame with hardwood grips
4. Smith & Wesson Model 686
The S&W Model 686 is a sturdy L frame handgun with a cylinder capacity of 6-7 rounds. It weighs about 45 ounces and is one of the best revolver handguns in the market, too.
In fact, most hunters and police officers would agree on how tough this gun is. In addition, it can withstand heavy and continuous Magnum usage, as well.
- One of the best concealed carry handguns in the market, it weighs only 15 ounces has a small J frame with a cylinder capacity of 5 rounds
- Has a unique hidden hammer, which allows users to shoot it from their pocket
5. Korth Sky Hawk 9mm
The Sky Hawk is a quality German-made handgun that adds to their list of high-end revolvers. It doesn’t require the use of moon clips to load and extract the 9mm ammo.
The Korth revolver’s design minimizes the distance needed for a 9mm bullet to travel through an unrifled cylinder, thus increasing its accuracy in the process.
- Doesn’t require the use of moon clips to load and extract 9mm ammo
- Increased accuracy from being designed specifically to minimize distance needed by 9mm bullet to travel through an unrifled cylinder
These handguns are great news for modern revolvers fans out there because the making of wheel guns has never been so precise—thanks to today’s technology. Semi-autos, undoubtedly, have faster loading mechanisms, but you can’t discredit the attributes that make the revolver continue to excel until this day.
What can you say about this list of modern revolvers? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!
- Double Action Revolver: An Introduction
- Snub-Nose Revolvers: Everything You Need To Know
- How To Use Different Gun Safety Locks
Disclaimer: All content on this site is for informational purposes only. Please read our full disclaimer here.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on August 2, 2018, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.