From The Manufacturer/Wikipedia/People Smarter Than Us:
A statement that truly sums up the 500.
After over 50 years and over 10 million and counting–and the only pump action to be declared MilSpec–the Mossberg 500 has proven to be one of the most versatile and reliable shotgun platforms available, offering a model to fit every application, and every user from our households to law agencies, to military worldwide.
Stats & Specs
- Barrel: 18.5″, 20″, 23″, 24″, 26″, 28″
- Capacity: 5/6/8/9-shot mag
- Features: Pump action
- Finish: Matte blue, blued, Marinecote, Parkerized, camo, OD green, International orange
- Gauge: 12″, 20″, .410 (2-3/4″, 3″ chamber)
- Sights: Many options available
- Stocks: Wood, black, or camo synthetic
- Weight: 5.5-8.5 lbs
Disclaimer: All content on this site is for informational purposes only. Please read our full disclaimer here.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on August 25, 2015, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.