What better way to go into the new year than with a lineup of new guns that are not only feature-rich but also affordable. Check out this roundup for a sneak peek of what to expect in 2022.
RELATED: Top 10 CZ Guns For 2022
10 New Guns That Will Cause a Roar in 2022
1. Magnum Research 20th Anniversary BFR
True to its 20-year reputation, the BFR couples precision engineering with expert craftsmanship resulting in unrivaled strength and accuracy. This undoubtedly makes it the pinnacle of revolver pistol design.
Besides, this custom handgun is based on the .45-70 Government long frame model and features an octagon barrel with a basepin and custom E-Rod Housing.
When it comes to ergonomics, the revolver comes with plow-style grips that are hand fitted for a great feel and esthetics. Lastly, this timeless piece comes with an elegantly engraved exterior surface.
Note: Each pistol ships in an elegant wooden case with a signed letter of authenticity.
- Caliber: .45/70 Gov’t.
- Overall Length: 15″
- Barrel: 7.5”, Full Octagon
- Weight: 4.3 lbs.
- Height: 6″
- Cylinder Width: 1.75″
- Shots: 5
- Finish: Brushed Stainless Steel
- Sights: Rear Adjustable / Factory Black Fixed Front
- Grip: Plow Style White Polymer Grips
2. Mossberg MC2sc
Mossberg has expanded their MC2 lineup with the all-new micro-compact 9mm – the MC2sc. It features double-stack magazines that provide a compact and slim profile with a 14+1 or 11+1 capacity. What’s more, an optics-ready slide allows you to directly mount your Micro Dot optics.
Ergonomically, the pistol’s frames feature a glass-reinforced polymer endowed with the Mossberg signature. That’s not all. A palm swell and an aggressive grip texturing guarantee a firm and confident grip under various shooting conditions.
Lastly, the slide features angled serrations that allow for positive slide manipulation. What’s more, you can effortlessly convert the optics-ready feature with a hex wrench.
- Caliber: 9mm
- Weight : 1.56 lbs (Loaded), 1.22 lbs (Unloaded)
- Length: 6.25″
- Capacity: 14+1(Extended) / 11+1(Flush)
- Height: 4.30″
- Safety: Integrated Trigger Blade Safety
- Width: 1.10″
- Barrel Length: 3.4″
- Sight/Base: White 3-Dot; Optics-Ready
- Trigger: Flat-Profile Trigger
- Sight Radius: 5.40″
- Front Sight: White Dot, Drift Adj. Dovetail Sight
- Frame: Micro-Compact
- Rear Sight: Dual White Dot, Drift Adj. Dovetail Sight
- Trigger Pull: Approx. 5.5 lbs
- Twist: 1:16 RH Twist
3. Springfield Armory SA-35
The Springfield Armory SA-35 offers shooters a modern take on a revered classic. It features subtle but prominent upgrades to the original P-35 design by John Moses Browning.
This 9mm SA-35 handgun captures the “wood and steel” appeal while offering the enhancements found in today’s defensive handguns.
Having been made in the U.S.A, you can count on the SA-35 to have enhanced controls and ergonomics, not to mention rugged forged steel parts for durability and strength.
These are in addition to modern sights, a factory-tuned trigger, an increased 15-round capacity, and of course, an improved feed ramp design.
- Caliber: 9mm
- Height: 4.8″
- Color: Black
- Length: 7.8″
- Barrel: 4.7″ Cold Hammer Forged, 1:10
- Weight: 1.97 lbs
- Slide: Forged Carbon Steel, Blued
- Magazine: (1) 15-Round
- Frame: Forged Carbon Steel, Blued
- Grip: Checkered Walnut
- Recoil System: SA-35™ Recoil Spring & Guide Rod
- Sights: White Dot Front, Serrated Tactical Rack Rear
4. Christensen Arms Ridgeline Scout
The Ridgeline Scout blends all the outstanding features of the Ridgeline into a new, compact scout firearm.
But that’s not all. Other additional features include a 0-MOA optic rail, Black-Nitride coated action, barricade stop, not to mention a 10-rd AICS drop-box magazine, and a flat-shoe Trigger Tech trigger.
Lastly, the rifle’s 16-inch barrel comes with a removable three-prong flash hider making the Ridgeline Scout perfect for suppressor mounting.
- Caliber: 300 BLK, 223 Rem, 6.5 CRD, 308 Win
- Barrel Length: 16”
- Twist Rate: 1:7 (300 BLK), 1:8 (223 Rem & 6.5 CRD), 1:10 (308 Win)
- Weight: Starting at 5.9lbs.
5. Pivot Ultracompact Folding Rifle
The semi-automatic Ultracompact Folding Rifle is chambered in 9mm and features patented technology that allows this Pivot Rifle to uniquely collapse. This way, it maximizes convenience and portability in its folded state and functionality when unfolded.
- Caliber: 9×19
- Folded Length: 20.9″
- Action: Semi-Automatic, Magazine Fed, Direct Blowback
- Height: 5.9″
- Min. Firing Length (Collapsed Stock): 26.7″
- Weight: 5 lbs.
- Max. Firing Length (Extended Stock): 29.7″
- Thickness: 1.15″
- Finish: Corrosion Resistant
- Material: Aluminum / Steel / Polymer
RELATED: Top 10 Most Powerful Shotguns 2022
6. Glock 17 Gen5
The new GLOCK 17 Gen5 frame design eliminates the finger grooves to allow more versatility while still allowing easy customization of the grip using different back straps.
On the other hand, a cutout and flared mag-well at the front of the frame enable faster reloading especially when you are in a life or death situation.
Also, a changeable and enlarged magazine catch, as well as an ambidextrous slide stop lever accommodate right and left-handed shooters. Lastly, the crown and rifling of the barrel are slightly modified to increase precision.
- Caliber: 9x19mm
- Barrel Length: 4.49″
- Loaded Weight: 33.33 oz
- Magazine Capacity: Standard: 17, optional (19 / 24 / 31 / 33)
- Trigger Pull: 26 N
- Overall Length: 7.95″
- Overall Width: 1.34″
7. Savage Arms 320 Turkey Thumbhole Pump Shotgun
Thanks to an ambidextrous cheek riser and rugged thumbhole stock, the 320 Turkey now has a new feel and look. It comes with rugged grip textures, an olive drab forend, and stock, not to mention a tapped and drilled receiver.
When it comes to target acquisition, the shotgun sports adjustable fiber optic sights for precision. All in all, this 320 model is ready for turkey enthusiasts with a reliable and smooth pump action.
- Caliber: 12 & 20 GA
- Barrel Length: 22”
- Magazine Capacity: 5
- Weight: 7.6”
- Hand: Ambidextrous
- Length of Pull: 13.75”
- Magazine: Tube
- Overall Length: 43.4”
8. Weatherby Mark V Accumark Elite Bolt-Action Rifle
The tried and true Accumark Elite by Weatherby just became more versatile and therefore providing shooters with everything they need in a rifle to hit targets at a distance.
Thanks to the Elite Cerakote coating and adjustable carbon stock, you can count on the rifle to offer a comprehensive fit and sturdiness to perform even in the harshest situations and environments where reliability is vital.
- Overall Length: 46.25”
- Length of Pull: 13.5”
- Drop @ Heel: .2″
- Weight: 7.6
- Drop @ Comb: .2″
- Barrel Length & Contour: 24” #3
- Mag Capacity: 4+1
- Action / Barrel OAL: RH 26”
- Twist Rate: 1-8”
9. Shadow Systems DR920 Combat Full-Size Pistol
Created with combat and service duty in mind, the Shadow Systems DR920 Combat Full-Size handgun offers flat and fast-hitting power coupled with maximum reliability and comfort.
To top that up, it comes with interchangeable backstraps that allow you to adjust the grip angle to suit your natural point of aim. On the other hand, an aggressive trigger-guard undercut and extended beavertail guarantee unrivaled recoil control for swift and accurate follow-up shots.
Keep in mind that the wrap-around grip texture on the frame enhances control in various shooting conditions.
- Caliber: 9×19
- Capacity: 17+1
- Action: Striker Fire
- Trigger pull: 4.5-5.0 lbs
- Weight: 1.44 lbs
- Frame: Textured polymer
- Height: 5 ¼ inches
- Length: 7 ¾ inches (unthreaded)
- Slide Material: 17-4 Stainless Steel
- Barrel Material: 416R Stainless Steel
- Rear sight: Black Serrated
- Front sight: Green Outline, Tritium Dot
10. Winchester Wildcat SR Semi-Auto Rimfire Rifle
Though it sports an ambidextrous stock and a polymer upper assembly the rifle is lightweight and easy to operate. Lastly, the rifle’s steel barrel features a recessed crown which guarantees superior accuracy at distance.
- Caliber: 22 LR
- Overall Length: 34 3/4″
- Barrel Length: 16 1/2″
- Weight: 4 lbs
- Length of Pull: 13 1/2″
- Drop at Comb: 7/8″
- Magazine Capacity: 10
- Drop at Heel: 7/8″
- Twist Rate: 16″
With such exciting new guns to look forward to, you bet self-defense, target shooting, hunting as well as competition shooting will change for the better in the new year Luckily, you cannot miss out on pieces suited to your preference with such a wide variety of new guns.Here’s an infographic guide that you can use. Feel free to download, save and share it with your loved ones:
Which of these new guns for 2022 are you excited most about? Let us know in the comment section below!
- News and Gear Reviews – Springfield Armory SA-35 [PODCAST]
- 1911 Pistols Review | Top 10 Best 1911 Pistols for The Money
- The BITS Myth Debunked… Plus, Byrna Weapons [PODCAST]
Disclaimer: All content on this site is for informational purposes only. Please read our full disclaimer here.