Finding a precision rifle that works for you is a vital aspect of long-range shooting. Moreover, settling for one that fits your budget and preference can be challenging with the wide variety already in the market and new ones being released.
Here is a list of the top precision rifles that are affordable and have exceptional performance.
The Only Precision Rifle List Long-Range Shooters and Hunters Need
1. Remington Model 700 Magpul
Remington added its X-Mark Pro trigger and renowned carbon-steel Model 700 barreled action to the Magpul Hunter polymer stock to create a precision rifle that guarantees long-range accuracy. The 22-inch heavy barrel on this .260 Rem Remington floats freely and therefore has better precision.
- It comes in 22 or 24-inch barrels.
- Overall length is 41.5 to 43.5 inches.
- Unloaded weight is between 8.75 and 9 lbs.
- Comes with a commendable capacity of 5+1.
2. MasterPiece Arms BA Lite PCR
The BA Lite PCR is the precision rifle to go for if you want to get into long-range gun games as it is commonly used in competition. This .243 caliber rifle features several match-ready requirements like a built-in bubble level, muzzle brake, thumb notch, bag rider, and a spigot mount. Also, it features the Remington Model 700 action mated to a Bergara honed 22 to 26-inch barrel in an aluminum chassis.
- Decent capacity of 10+1
- Weighs 9 to 10 lbs. when empty
- 1.5 pound trigger
- Overall length of 43.5 to 46.5 inches
3. Rise Armament 1121XR
The 1121XR was designed for shooters who want more out of a heavy-caliber AR-platform rifle in mind. It comes chambered in 7.62mm NATO and with a sub-MOA accuracy guarantee.
What’s more, it features a single-stage RA-535 trigger with a 3.5-pound pull and a 20-inch stainless steel barrel. Don’t forget the RA-701 compensator that helps reduce muzzle rise for quicker follow-up shots.
- 10+1 magazine capacity
- Weighs 9.5 lbs. when empty
- Overall length is 39.5 inches
4. Mossberg MVP Precision
The newly launched MVP Precision rifles come with Luth-AR MBA-3 adjustable stocks and an all-new aluminum chassis. This precision rifle utilizes the innovative MVP bolt action, which is compatible with AR-pattern 10+1 magazines.
The rifles come chambered in .308 Winchester and 6.5 Creedmoor with 20 and 24-inch bull barrels, respectively. Both of these variants use adjustable LBA triggers.
- Adjustable trigger pull
- 39.25 to 43.25 inches overall length
- Weighs 9.2-10 lbs. when empty
5. Howa Chassis Rifle
The Howa Chassis Rifle comes with a 6061-T6 aluminum billet chassis and is CNC-machined. Its forend features M-LOK attachment points and allows the barrel to float effortlessly.
At the rear is an ergonomic grip on a fully adjustable Luth-AR MBA-3 buttstock.
The best part is that the rifle comes in a standard or heavy barrel and can be bought as a complete kit with a 20-MOA mount and a Nikko Stirling Diamond Long Range scope. You will also love that it comes in a wide array of calibers and magazine capacities.
- Comes chambered in 6mm Creedmoor, .223 Rem, 6.5 Creedmoor, .243 Rem, .308 Win, .300 WM
- Barrel lengths of 20, 24, or 26 inches
- Has an overall length of 39 to 49.25
- Weighs between 9.9 to 12.2 lbs. when empty
- Magazine capacities are 5+1 and 10+1
6. A*B Arms MOD*X
Next in this precision rifle list is this American Built Arms creation. It comes with a MOD*X Gen III aluminum chassis mated with a Remington SPS barreled action.
This is in addition to a heavy 20-inch barrel with a threaded muzzle and an X-Mark Pro adjustable 3.5-pound trigger pull. Its entire system is modular and can be customized to suit any shooter’s needs.
- Comes chambered in 308 Winchester
- Weighs 9 lbs. when empty
- Overall length ranges between 39.5 and 40.5 inches
- Has a 10+1 capacity
7. Christensen Arms Modern Precision Rifle
The Modern Precision Rifle features a 7075-T6 billet aluminum chassis with a carbon-fiber handguard with M-LOK slots and an adjustable buttstock.
Lastly, the action has a spiral-fluted bolt, 20-MOA rail, a match-grade flat trigger plus a sub-MOA accuracy guarantee, various magazine capacities, and calibers.
- Barrel lengths range between 16 to 27 inches
- Calibers include 6.5 PRC, 6.5 Creedmoor, .308 Win, .300 Norma, .300 WM, and .300 Lapua
- The overall length is in the range of 39 to 46 inches
- Weighs between 6.9 and 8.1 lbs. when empty
8. Bergara Premier Series LRP
Being part of the Bergara Premier Series, you can bet that this bolt-action rifle is the closest you will get to a custom rifle without a high price tag. The chassis is designed from a solid 6061-T6 aluminum billet and features an AR-15-style grip and an adjustable buttstock for comb height and length of pull.
This precision rifle offers the perfect fit for shooters in any shooting position. Also, with a 5+1 capacity and various calibers, the LRP guarantees sub-MOA groups at 100 yards with match-grade factory ammo.
- Comes chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor, 6mm Creedmoor, .308 Winchester
- Barrel lengths include 20, 24, and 26 inches
- 43 to 47.5 inches of overall length
- A 5+1 magazine capacity
9. CZ 557 Urban Counter-Sniper
The 16-inch barreled Urban Counter-Sniper is an outstanding .308 Winchester bolt action. Though it has a short barrel, this precision rifle will lose only 150 fps compared to standard barrels.
Besides, this .308 rifle gets a full burn-in of about 16 inches. This size is ideal for shorter engagements like targets up to 400 yards.
Note: The carbon-fiber composite stock guarantees plenty of stability without adding too much heft to the rifle’s 8.48-pound unloaded weight.
- The overall length is 39.5 inches
- Come in a 10+1 capacity
10. DoubleStar Midnight Dragon
The Midnight Dragon is meticulously designed for long-range precision. It features a 24-inch, spiral-fluted barrel that offers sub-MOA accuracy.
- An ergonomic Tactical Deluxe pistol grip
- A free-floating aluminum handguard
- Skeletonized ACE ARFX buttstock
- A two-stage trigger
- Tactical latch charging handle
11. Daniel Defense DD5V2 M-LOK
The 7.62mm NATO DD5V2 M-LOK is designed around a cold-hammer-forged, 18-inch barrel with the rifle-length gas system offering reliable and smooth cycling.
Besides a decent unloaded weight and 10+1 capacity, the rifle also comes with a two-stage trigger, magazine catch, free-floating M-LOK handguard, modular charging handle, and an ambidextrous safety selector.
- The overall length is 35.38 to 39 inches
- Weighs 8.6 lbs. when empty
- Comes with a decent 10+1 magazine capacity
12. Kimber Advanced Tactical SRC II
Hand-built rifles don’t get better than this Suppressor-Ready Compact (SRC) II precision rifle by Kimber. It comes with a wide range of features, including an AR-style pistol grip, aluminum chassis with a night-vision mount, and a side-folding stock.
Its 16-inch barrel comes threaded for a suppressor and is mated to Kimber’s Model-70 action. Like other precision rifles in this list, the .308 Win SRC II also comes with a sub-0.5-MOA accuracy guarantee.
- The overall length is 37 inches
- Weighs 10.5 lbs. when empty
- Has a 5+1 capacity
Note: The threaded barrel has a three-position safety
13. Rock River Arms LAR-8 Predator HPAny hunting enthusiast will love the LAR-8 Predator HP, a supercharged .308/7.62mm NATO AR from Rock River Arms. It packs many functional features, including a free-floating handguard, 20-inch fluted barrel, low-profile gas block, and two-stage trigger.
Don’t forget that the rifle also comes with a fixed or collapsible stock, a Hogue grip, and an operator brake.
- Its overall length is between 42 and 42.5 inches
- Come in an outstanding 20+1 capacity
- Weighs 9.2 to 9.5 lbs. when empty
14. Savage Arms 10/110 BA Stealth
Bolt-action rifles allow you to rule the field and range, and these rifles are no different. They feature monolithic aluminum chassis with M-LOK-compatible Picatinny rails and forends.
Each barreled action is factory blueprinted to guarantee optimal accuracy. A fully adjustable buttstock absorbs recoil at the rear.
- Barrel length varies from 16.5 to 20 to 24 inches
- The overall length is between 35 to 49 inches
- Has a 5+1 and 10+1 capacity
- Weighs between 9.24 and 11.5 pounds when empty
Note: Short-action 10 models come with a threaded carbon-steel barrel, while the long-action 110 variants have a brake.
15. Ruger Precision Rifle
The Ruger Precision Rifle was specifically designed for long-range shooting. This bolt action is fully modular and utilizes AR-15-style components for easy customization.
You can swap out the stock, barrel, handguard, and pistol grip to suit your needs. With a 70-degree bolt throw, you can expect a super smooth action.
- Barrels come in 20 or 24 inches
- Its overall length is between 39.25 and 46.75 inches
- Comes in 6.5 Creedmoor, 6mm Creedmoor, and .308 Win
- Weighs between 9.8 and 10.8 lbs. when empty
16. Smith & Wesson M&P10 6.5 Creedmoor
Smith & Wesson took its renowned gas-operated M&P10 platform and transformed it into a long-range shooter by chambering it in 6.5 Creedmoor. It also features a 5-inch free-floating handguard, two-stage match trigger, and a fixed Magpul buttstock.
- Has a 20 inch barrel
- Its overall length is 39.5 inches
- Weighs 9.05 lbs. when empty
- Its capacity is 10+1
17. Tikka T3x TAC A1
The .260 Rem T3x TAC A1 comes with a modular aluminum chassis that uses AR components, including the pistol grip, stock, and M-LOK handguard.
Its two-stage trigger unit is adjustable for pull weight, while the full-length top rail allows you to mount night-vision gear and optics. Lastly, the rifle comes in a 10+1 capacity.
- Barrels are available in 16, 20 and 24 inches
- The overall length is between39.8 and 43.8 inches
- Has a 10+1 capacity
- Its unloaded weight falls between 10.8 to 11.25 pounds
18. Steyr SSG 04
The SSG 04 bolt-action rifle features a noticeably heavy cold-hammer-forged barrel. The action and barrel have a durable Mannox finish, while its synthetic stock features an adjustable length of pull and cheek riser. It is chambered in .308 Winchester and .300 Winchester Magnum.
- Has an overall length of 42.6 inches
- Weighs10.3 lbs. when empty
- Barrel lengths are 20 or 23.6 inches
- Comes in a 10+1 capacity
19. Weatherby Vanguard Modular Chassis
This Weatherby rifle boasts a modular chassis made from aluminum, vanguard barreled action, and MBA-1 stock. These combine to create a precision rifle that guarantees 0.99-inch three-shot groups at 100 yards with premium ammo. The rifle also features a 20-inch barrel and is threaded for muzzle devices.
- Weighs 8.5 lbs. when empty
- Magazine capacity is 10+1
- Overall lengths range from 39.25 to 40.25 inches
20. Savage Impulse
The all-new straight-pull rifle from savage combines the speed of a semi-automatic and the confidence and accuracy of a traditional bolt. This pure movement allows for faster follow-up shots with quicker target reacquisition for repeatable and instinctive accuracy. This rifle is packed with innovative technologies driven by safety like the hex lock system, making it a worthy precision rifle.
- A proven four-bolt barrel clamp
- Comes with a rotatory bolt handle
- Allows for barrel extension
- Is chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor, 30-06 SPFLD, 300 Win Mag, and 308 Win
21. Sig Sauer Cross
Designed and built with the input of military snipers, hunters, and elite long-range shooters, the CROSS precision rifle was developed to meet the demands of both extreme backcountry hunting and precision long-range shooting.
It features a folding stock, one receiver for increased accuracy, and various barrel lengths and calibers.
- Weighs under 6.5 lbs when empty
- 16-inch barrels are chambered in .308 / 277 SIG FURY
- 18-inch barrels are chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor
- Has a 1-piece receiver to increase accuracy
22. Tikka T1x & T3x
The Tikka T3x manufacturers combine their long-standing gunsmith prowess with the real experiences of sport shooters and Tikka hunters worldwide.
It features a new modular synthetic stock with interchangeable pistol grips, allowing you to modify the angle of the grip. This allows for multiple shooting positions.
The new recoil pad technology reduces the impact of recoil on the shooter, allowing you to concentrate on making accurate shots.
- Has reduced stock noise
- Comes with a redesigned ejection port
- Has an improved rail attachment
- Features a steel recoil lug
23. Springfield Armory 2020 Waypoint
The first thing you notice out of the box is the premium hand-painted carbon fiber stock in Ridgeline camo or Evergreen. The stock on this precision rifle features strategically placed QD mounts that allow you to sling it in various configurations.
What’s more, an optional three-axis adjustable cheek comb allows you to dial in the perfect angle for comfort during repeatable shooting.
- Has the SA radial brake
- Comes with a decelerator recoil pad
- Has a patterned magazine
24. Tikka T1x
Like the T3x, the T1x also comes with a new modular synthetic stock with interchangeable pistol grips that offer you the freedom for multiple shooting positions. The synthetic stock also features an additional attachment point that allows you to alter the width of the stock’s fore-end.
Lastly, the new asymmetrical grip pattern and shape are specifically designed to provide a solid grip in all conditions.
- Has a 10 round magazine
- Comes with a cold-hammer-forged barrel
- It is chambered in 22 LR and 17 HMR
There you go, long-range shooters. With such an extensive list, you can bet on finding one precision rifle that will suit all your hunting needs. Moreover, all the rifles in this list are affordable, and it would not hurt to invest in more than one—happy shopping long-range enthusiasts.
Which of these precision rifles would you prefer? Let us know in the comment section below!
- Top 5 Best Henry Lever Action Rifles For Home Defense and Hunting
- 5 Best Lever Action Rifles You Can Use For Hunting And Survival
- Real Guns for Kids | Good First Guns
Disclaimer: All content on this site is for informational purposes only. Please read our full disclaimer here.