Searching for the best revolver for concealed carry? These wheel guns are top rank in functionality and ease of use by expert choice.
Ranking the Best Revolver for Concealed Carry Handguns
Top Rank Modern Revolvers
There are lots of criteria to look at in choosing the best revolver for concealed carry handguns. Some may prefer power over precision, others go for design over quality.
This post will discuss five of the best ranking concealed carry revolvers considered above average in these categories.
1. Ruger SP101[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi-AoRilhpA/ hidecaption=true width=625] The Ruger SP101 from Ruger revolvers has the power to complement the 357 Magnum’s power in a smaller frame wheel gun. What gives this gun the edge over its competition is its fine engineering for smooth performance.
It comes with a grip that reduces recoil, making the SP101 ideal for personal defense or a cop’s primary weapon.
2. S &W 642[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk0Vm3InjI3/ hidecaption=true width=625] The Smith & Wesson J-Frame is arguably the most preferred small frame defense revolver today. As a testament to its success, the J-frame line’s customization is to be compatible with .22 LR, .22 Magnum®, .38 Special, and even the .357 Magnum loads.
This is hands down, the top-tier model of the J-frame Smith and Wesson revolvers .38, and its alloy frame only weighs 14.6 ounces. However, it is rated for +P rounds, which means it might be difficult for some to control.
3. Taurus Judge Public Defender Polymer Revolver[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BouQNYYlQbs/ hidecaption=true width=625] Considered as the poor man’s Taurus Judge, the Public Defender Polymer is not to be underestimated. Its polymer body frame equates to improved handling and accuracy.
This bad boy delivers amazing flexibility and mind-blowing firepower. Why opt for a simple semi-automatic pistol when you can have this beast?
4. Charter 2000 Undercorvette[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BEFGzaZwYfd/ hidecaption=true width=625] The Undercorvette Charter 2000 uses the .32 Magnum H&R which is often in comparison with the .32-20. A .38 bullet is bigger than a .32, but its higher velocity makes it perform better.
What’s more, the Charter 2000 is better when it comes to being portable and has top-notch precision.
It’s appropriate for gun owners who are sensitive about the gun recoil. The trigger being double-action is average and does not compare to the S&W or Colt.
5. Colt Detective Special[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpcpk53ga8j/ hidecaption=true width=625] This double-action gun has a short barrel with a carbon steel frame. Gun enthusiasts call them “snubbies.”
The “Detective Special” moniker was a homage to police detectives dressing like ordinary civilians.
The Detective Special was considered a prototype of the first short-barreled revolvers but with a modern swing-out frame. It was meant for higher-powered cartridges such as the .38 Special.
Want to see these bad boys in action? Check out this video review by God Family and Guns:
These guns, despite their sizes, pack a lot of punch and are more than enough to protect yourself and your family. Keep in mind though to secure it in a safe location within your body to avoid self-inflicted injury.
One last note, owning a concealed carry holster will definitely go a long way if you decide to pack concealed carry guns. If you want to look a bit more badass, perhaps an ankle holster will do the trick.
What’s your concealed carry revolver of choice? Share your favorite revolver and why in the comments section below.
- The 7 Best Handguns For The New Shooter
- The Best Concealed Carry Guns For Women
- 5 Best Concealed Carry Handguns
**Disclaimer: All content on this site is for informational purposes only. Please read our full disclaimer**
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on January 18, 2019, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.