The top 5 guns for the ladies allow most women to handle these firearms with ease. Know which gun is best for her as you read on!
In this article:
- The Best Handguns for Women
Top 5 Guns for the Ladies: The Best Options for Her
The Best Handguns for Women
This article about the top 5 guns for the ladies is a touchy subject for several reasons. Some people think women cannot handle larger guns.
This is not always true. It depends on the person's size or strength.
Both men and women of slighter frames have a hard time racking a slide on a gun. Regardless of gender, you want a gun you can easily handle and are comfortable with.
Here are the top five guns we believe would fit most women very well. Again ladies, base your choice on what you can handle and what you feel most comfortable with.
1. Ruger LCP[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv8HPJOjB8B/ hidecaption=true width=625] This 380 Auto with a laser is robust, accurate, and reliable. It's a lightweight small compact with a very decent trigger.
This is also one of the easy to rack pistols out there.
2. Smith & Wesson: M&P Shield
— Julie Golob (@julieG1) October 16, 2017
This gun is a bit larger than the Ruger LCP. It's a concealed carry with easiest slide pull.
It has a manual safety on the left side of the frame. It has good sights, great trigger, and a slim setup you can have either a plus one extension or a flat base mag for concealed carry.
It's slim being a single stack 9mm. Good gun to carry on your person.
A lot of ladies are wanting to carry on their person now instead of the purse. Drawing from the purse can be cumbersome, or in a theft situation, the purse could get stolen thus losing your gun.
- Adjustable one size fits up to 45" circumference
- HIGHLY ELASTIC HOLSTER: Our IWB holster fits small subcompact, compact, and even full size pistols and revolvers. 380, 9mm, 40 auto, 45 ACP, 38...
- AMBIDEXTROUS DESIGN: Updating ambidextrous design can be rotated for left or right hand draw
3. Smith & Wesson: Bodyguard 38 Special
— TACTICAL LIFE GEAR (@TactLifeGear) August 14, 2016
The good things about this gun are as follows: revolver option, easy to operate, crane release, simple, and straightforward. It's ideal for ambidextrous people.
Ambidextrous Definition: Able to use both left and right hands equally well.
It has a laser which is great for concealed carry or defensive pistol. Psychological factor – auto think gun.
It also allows you to have easy sight indicator of where your shots are or where they're going to land. If you have a stoppage, all you have to do is pull the trigger again and you can shoot again — easy to maintain and readily shootable. A great choice for anyone, not just the ladies.
RELATED: 40 Best 9mm Handguns For Women
- Your Gun Range Bag Lifetime Protection ... We will back your pistol range bag for as long as you have it! Carry your bag with pride and experience the...
- Everything You Need in a Bag … Become the most efficient shooter on the field. With its 16” L x 11” W x 9” H dimensions, our gun bag for...
- A Bag That’s as Tough as You Are … Our gun range bag is made with 600D polyester fabric with cross-stitched thread seams, double-stitching at all...
4. Diamond Back DB9[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BSMsg8-j-Pg/ hidecaption=true width=625] This gun is similar to a single stack low recoil Glock. The slide is actually quite hard to pull back.
It does need some pulling back to check the chamber, operate the gun, and clear stoppages. If it is hard then push the gun and pull the slide at the same time to rack it easily.
This gun does have an awesome trigger and has a small profile. It has decent little sights and is easy to slip into a purse or waistband.
Also, it's good for someone who has a bra holster. Slightly snappy recoil and is only slightly bigger than the Ruger LCP but is still a 9mm.
No products found.
5. SCCY CPX 2
— Tactical Resources (@Tactical_2A) January 16, 2018
SCCY CPX 2 is an interesting gun. It's a double stack 9mm semi-automatic.
It's stainless, so if it's in your waistband or against your skin you don't need to worry about rusting. This gun has a great warranty.
It's one of the best lightweight guns in the industry. The trigger isn't the best and does have a heavy trigger pull.
Always consider that the trigger and recoil are also a bit snappy. Always a tradeoff between the weight and the recoil so you will have a bit more recoil the lighter the gun.
No products found.
You can also check out this full video by Iraqveteran8888 on the top 5 guns for the ladies:
We based our choices on what female customers are most interested in. These guns are usually what ladies ask for in gun shops.
Ladies also need a firearm they can use as their survival gun during survival situations.
What do you think of this roundup? Do you have anything to add to this list of guns for the ladies? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!
- 6 Best Guns For Women Protecting Their Family
- 8 Best Guns For Women Living Alone
- What’s The Best Handgun For Beginners?
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on March 24, 2015, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.