When doomsday comes, lock and load these types of guns.
RELATED: Top 5 Survival Guns
In this article:
- When SHTF, Pick the Best Gun
- The Rifles for Perimeter and Versatile Protection
- The Handguns for Concealment and Convenient Carry
- The Shotguns for Broad Protection and Close-Quarters Combat
The Best Types of Guns to Survive on Doomsday
When SHTF, Pick the Best Gun
You can stock up your armory, basement, or bunker with all types of guns, but there’s no guarantee all of them are going to keep you alive.
Below is an excellent list of types of guns for doomsday from Outdoor Warrior. Check it out and choose the right one for you.
The Rifles for Perimeter and Versatile Protection
Rifles are good for perimeter and versatile protection. I am going to divide them into two categories: the assault rifles and the long-range rifles.
Assault rifles can dish out hundreds of bullets per second, so it’s good for crowd control.
Meanwhile, long-range rifles are better for perimeter security. Those scopes and bullets can do some real damage from afar.
Below is a short list of the types of rifles with staggering firepower:
1. AK-47[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BwinPVHHKfw/ hidecaption=true width=625] The AK-47 is one of the top 10 assault rifles in the world, together with AR-15. Military units use it, and it’s famous for its durability.
One can expose the rifle in extreme conditions, and it can still fire. Talk about being reliable.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Aditya, Sheetal Bavishi (Actors)
- Raam Shetty (Director) - Dhirajlal Shah (Producer)
2. Ruger 10/22 Rifle[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BiJ1MvVnTbF/ hidecaption=true width=625] The Ruger 10/22 is the king of .22 long-range rifles—at least on my list, that is.
The reason why it’s so good to have around is it can secure small- and medium-sized game. It also has the range in it too.
This rifle is quiet, so prey will never know what hit them.
3. Bushmaster Carbon 15 M4 Carbine[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/wZQaTlnpgA/ hidecaption=true width=625] The Bushmaster Carbon 15 M4 Carbine is small, light, and durable.
This assault rifle derives its inspiration from AR-15 rifles, but with modern features. These include the space-age carbon 15 composite molded receivers.
4. Henry Arms AR-7
— Eric Nestor (@ericthewoodsman) May 30, 2018
If you want to talk about survival rifles, the Henry Arms AR-7 is the real deal.
It may not be as powerful as the other rifles or as capacious as Ruger or M4, but AR-7 takes the cake for its convenience.
You can pack the barrel, magazines, and receivers inside its watertight stock and carry it around with you. Assembling the rifle is as easy as assembling LEGOs.
The Handguns for Concealment and Convenient Carry
Handguns are, without a doubt, the most convenient weapons any doomsday prepper should have in their arsenal.
They come in different sizes, but they’re usually small enough to carry around in a bag or purse. You can even holster them around your waist.
Check out this short list of the best handguns that can be reliable when SHTF:
5. Glock 36[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BvPxzZynCD6/ hidecaption=true width=625] This may look tiny, but this “small” pistol right here fires a .45-caliber bullet. It packs a punch, so to speak.
It’s a really slim pistol, making it great for concealment, and weighs 27 ounces with a full mag of 6.
6. Glock 17[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BxFYo3UFfJB/ hidecaption=true width=625] If you want something bigger, then Glock 17 is Glock 36’s big brother. Like Sig Sauer, it’s one of the more popular types of guns for law enforcement.
The weight is slightly heavier than the 36, but it helps to manage the recoil. This makes it one of the most accurate pistols in the market.
7. Sig Sauer P226[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BwQ1R36lZbI/ hidecaption=true width=625] This is probably my favorite handgun for a lot of reasons.
First, this is the gun carried by police and other members of law enforcement. You know it has some power despite its size.
It’s compact and light, weighing around 34 ounces with a full mag. At over $1,000 (as of January 2019), it may be pricey, but you will surely get your money’s worth.
- Type: Range Bag
- Color: Black
- Silver Lettering
8. Taurus Judge[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BLtuIUuDn92/ hidecaption=true width=625] Of course, I am not going to avoid revolvers for this list, and Taurus Judge is the best choice.
The Judge is capable of shooting both .410 and .45 Long Colt loads. This feature makes it perfect for close-quarter combat and self-defense.
It’s big, so it’s not exactly fit for concealed carry. Its presence is enough to send a message, though.
The Shotguns for Broad Protection and Close-Quarters Combat
Shotgun Definition: It is a weapon that can shoot at shorter ranges and works well on moving targets. Most shotguns don’t have rifled barrels which separates it from the rifles.
I appreciate the value of having a shotgun by my side when doomsday comes. They can do so much damage despite their limited range.
Take, for example, you’re in a corridor, and these mutants/zombies/hoodlums come running right at you.
A handgun can only dish out so many rounds before they overrun you. A shotgun messes them up real bad.
One shell can take out multiple attackers within a confined space. Shotguns can also carry around 10 to 12 shells, depending on the model.
Below is a short list of shotguns to consider having before doomsday comes:
9. Mossberg 590 Mariner[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw9oIftnSIA/ hidecaption=true width=625] I love the 590 Mariner because it’s a 12-gauge shotgun capable of carrying 9 shots. You can switch the stock for a pistol grip, so it’s awesome for closed or tight spaces.
You can also customize this bad boy with accessories. It’s also one of the modestly priced guns online at less than $600 (as of January 2019).
10. Remington 870[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BttjvRAlz_-/ hidecaption=true width=625] If you want something more powerful and more reliable than Mossberg, then Remington 870 is everything you need.
It has a smooth pump action and can fit an extension tube to hold 7 shells in total. It is ideal both for hunting and tactical operations.
11. Benelli Nova Pump Tactical[instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BcP1FxDgBC0/ hidecaption=true width=625] The Benelli is a name popular among shotgun owners. Like Remington, it is reliable and powerful.
Benelli Nova can use two 3/4-inch loads and three 1/2-inch magnum loads, as well as every caliber in between. Talk about flexibility right there.
The only downside is it carries only 5 shells. At this point, though, 5 shots can drop any perpetrator.
Watch this video from WatchMojo.com and find out the types of guns that would be helpful in case of a zombie apocalypse:
These types of guns are all powerful enough to drive attackers away and keep them off your tracks.
In the end, you can never go wrong with any of the types of firearms on this list. Just make the right decision by picking something you’re most comfortable with.
It gives you a better chance of protecting yourself and your family when SHTF.
What are your top types of guns on doomsday? Share your list in the comments section below!
Editor’s Note: Legal “Loophole” Allows You To Carry Concealed In 28 States
- Self-Defense Weapons: 11 Guns You Need For When SHTF
- 5 Calibers For Self-Defense | Self-Defense Firearms
- Hidden Gun Storage Ideas
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on July 30, 2018, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.