Whether you’re a prepper or not, learn these urban survival skills now and increase your odds of survival, today or in the future!
RELATED: 8 Steps To Survive Anything
In this article:
- Open a Can Barehanded
- Cook the Old-Fashioned Way
- Survive a Fight
- Tampon Hacks for Urban Survival
- Unexpected Urban Survival Tricks
- Pointers from the Modern Age
- Grow Your Own Food for Survival
- Use a Tin Can in Every Possible Way
- Make Tea for Vitamin C
- Escape a Shooting for Urban Survival
- Get Rid of a Tail for Survival
- Make a Long-Lasting Flashlight
- Fix Your Bugout Bag for Urban Survival
- Prepare Survival Food
- Make Water Safe to Drink for Survival
- Light Up the Darkness with a Can of Tuna
- Turn a Battery into a Firestarter
- Defend Your Home from Invaders
- Resurrect Dead Batteries
- Repurpose Soda Cans
- Survive Anywhere in the World
- Get Out of a Dangerous Situation
- Exit a Car Before It Sinks
- Escape Zip Ties
- Practical Intelligence
- Live Through Winter
- Make Waterproof Firestarters
- Be Street-Smart
- Hide in Plain Sight
- Answering a Door Safely
- Stay Fit for Urban Survival
- Be Like Harry Houdini
- Know What to Expect
- Keep Your Cool on the Road
- Deal with Urban Terror
- Hunker Down in Your Car
- Save Yourself from an Active Shooter
Must-Have Urban Survival Skills Now Before It’s Too Late
1. Open a Can Barehanded
While can openers are accessible in multi-tools, you might still find yourself without one. So, to learn this can-opening trick using only your hands is one of the badass urban survival skills, indeed.
2. Cook the Old-Fashioned Way
3. Survive a Fight
4. Tampon Hacks for Urban Survival
5. Unexpected Urban Survival Tricks
6. Pointers from the Modern Age
7. Grow Your Own Food for Survival
8. Use a Tin Can in Every Possible Way
Tin cans, soda cans, and beer cans — they all have amazing survival uses. In fact, their uses can work in an urban survival setting. You can fashion a stove with tin cans and soda cans make fine cutting tools, for instance.
9. Make Tea for Vitamin C
10. Escape a Shooting for Urban Survival
Discover the Truth About Almost Anybody: Be In The Know About The People in Your Life! Try A Background Check Today. Social Media, Photos, Police Records, Background Checks, Civil Judgments, Contact Information and Much More!
11. Get Rid of a Tail for Survival
12. Make a Long-Lasting Flashlight
13. Fix Your Bugout Bag for Urban Survival
14. Prepare Survival Food
15. Make Water Safe to Drink for Survival
16. Light Up the Darkness with a Can of Tuna
17. Turn a Battery into a Firestarter
18. Defend Your Home from Invaders
RELATED: What Is Urban Survival Syndrome?
19. Resurrect Dead Batteries
20. Repurpose Soda Cans
21. Survive Anywhere in the World
22. Get Out of a Dangerous Situation
23. Exit a Car Before It Sinks
24. Escape Zip Ties
25. Practical Intelligence
26. Live Through Winter
27. Make Waterproof Firestarters
28. Be Street-Smart
29. Hide in Plain Sight
30. Answering a Door Safely
31. Stay Fit for Urban Survival
Being in top shape is important if you want to make it through any survival situation. This is imperative in any urban survival books, indeed.
32. Be Like Harry Houdini
No one wants to be held captive so learn how to escape bound hands from the experts.
33. Know What to Expect
34. Keep Your Cool on the Road
Don’t turn a simple trip into a life-and-death situation, so always try to stay calm on the road. This will help you approach any situation logically and in a safe manner.
35. Deal with Urban Terror
36. Hunker Down in Your Car
37. Save Yourself from an Active Shooter
Watch this video from The Survival Outpost for urban survival tips in the concrete jungle:
Master these urban survival skills, and you might save your own or someone else’s life when society collapses. Take this list of urban survival skills so you can make every day a lot safer for you and your family.
Do you have your own set of urban survival skills? Mention them in the comments section below!
- High-Rise Survival: Building Evacuation Kit
- How to Survive the Cold Like a Navy SEAL
- DIY Survival: How To Make A Crossbow From Scratch [Video]
Go to our Survival Life Store to shop some of our favorites self-defense tools and gear!
**Disclaimer: All content on this site is for informational purposes only. Please read our full disclaimer here**
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on October 8, 2018, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.