Iodine tablets are one of the best ways to purify drinking water when you don’t have access to a fresh water source.
Out in the wilderness, there’s almost nothing more important than having water. While a person can live up to three weeks without food, you will die — or at least start to experience severe problems — after three days without water.
But just having water isn’t enough. Your water needs to be clean and drinkable. This can be a challenge in the wilderness, where water can be contaminated with a variety of bacteria and other disease-causing agents.
Enter iodine tablets.
In the video below, ‘Above Average’ Joe gives you the inside scoop on iodine tablets — one of the best ways to purify water on the go.
- Virtually smokeless and residue-free solid fuel tablets used to cook and heat food and beverages, boil water, or start campfires
- Contains 12 tablets; each 14-gram tablet burns approximately 12 minutes and up to 1300°F;
- Ideal for boiling water and cooking; one tablet boils 500 ml of water in about 8 minutes
- Works at high altitudes and sub-zero temperatures; ignites with match or lighter
- Tablets are individually packed in waterproof packaging; can be stored for 10+ years
Want to learn more about water purification? Check out these related posts.