How to Answer that Question, and Tips for the Budget-Conscious Prepper
As preppers, we often hear the question, “Why?” People just can’t understand why we live the way we do. They might ask, “What are you so afraid of?” and, “Isn’t stocking up on all this food and supplies expensive?”
The truth is, everyone should be prepared — not just for a catastrophic SHTF event, but for any of the unexpected “bumps in the road” that we all encounter in life. Here’s what the folks at Open Your Eyes People have to say about it:
We can probably all agree that unexpected things can happen. Things like:
– job loss or a change in economic situation
– natural disasters like wildfires or earthquakes
– extreme weather like hurricanes, tornadoes, blizzards, or heatwaves
– power outages that last longer than normal
– contamination of the water supply by chemical spills, agricultural run-off, or an issue with the treatment facility
None of these events is outrageous, right? In fact, we’ve seen all of them happen, right here in our country, over the past decade. These disasters are an undeniable part of life, and to know you were prepared when it happens will give you and your family a sense of security and relief.
The video below goes more in depth about the “why” of prepping, and also lists 20 affordable prepper items you can buy at your local dollar store.
Want more prepper tips? Check out these related articles from our website: