There are several different aspects and features of guns that make them desirable for different uses. These awesome guns are made for extreme weather, light weight, and precision in a mountain environment. Whether you hunt for sport, food, or protection, a good rifle is important to have when spending time in the mountains. Having the right rifle for the hunt will make for a fine hunting experience. You gotta be sure your firearm is in good working condition when you’re out there in the woods. There’s no telling when you’ll be in a dangerous situation in the mountains and your rifle can make the difference in matter’s of defending yourself apart from hunting – it must not fail.
7 Awesome Guns For Your Mountain Hunting Trips
When you’re hunting in the mountains, there are instances when even your bootlaces seem heavy. Carrying all those hunting gears along with your rifle can be very grueling, not to mention the needed focus as you aim for your target. That is why some rifles are especially made to be light weight and can be comfortably carried for the moving hunter. Though some are a few pounds heavier than others, these rifles offer a more stable aim and a number of features that serve other purposes. Ultimately, the hunter chooses his gun and regardless of the rifle’s weight it shouldn’t take away the durability and reliability of the firearm. Check out these awesome guns for mountain hunting and see which of these suits your hunting needs.
1. Remington model 700 XCR IIThis gun is an extreme weather and conditions ready remake of the classic Remington. This rifle is very scratch and weather resistant due to it’s stainless steel coated with Trinyte. This rifle is sturdy and rugged, a feature which makes it well worth the extra heaviness of this gun.
2. Kimber 84M Mountain AscentThis reputable brand for mountain rifles has truly outdone itself with this model. This featherweight rifle weighs in a less than five pounds, making it the lightest rifle you’re likely to come across on this market. It is also incredibly resistant to even the most extreme weather conditions. This rifle has a great look to it and fits well on the shoulder. Along with rifles like these, a multi-tool often comes in handy. That’s why you should get this Hoffman Richter 13-in-1 Multitool. Get it here.
3. Winchester Model 70 Extreme Weather SSAnother rifle modeled after a classic, this version stands up to the weather in a big way. Weighing in just a bit heavier than a featherweight rifle, this gun is lightweight but far from delicate.
4. Savage model 16/116 FCSSThe Accutrigger and overall construction of this rifle contribute to a lot of precision. At around 7 pounds this is a great gun for mountain hunting. This rifle is rugged, accurate, and budget friendly.
5. HS Precision Pro Series 2000This rifle is another ideal option for a mountain hunter. Though not having the lightweight feature, this gun weighs in at 10-12 pounds and arguably the most accurate rifle you can lay your hands on. The rifle can be fully customized to a hunter’s needs, whether for the hunt of a lifetime or a lifetime of many hunts.
6. Thompson Center Venture Composite SSThis is among the most reliable and long lasting of rifles on the market right now. Long term dependability is key to a good mountain hunting rifle. This rifle has all sorts of great features- an externally adjustable trigger, good caliber variety, match crowned barrel, and guaranteed 1 MOA accuracy.
7. Ruger M77 Hawkeye All-WeatherThis gun isn’t the lightest on this list, but it’s still a very manageable 7 pounds. The extra ruggedness is definitely worth a little extra weight. This rifle is available in multiple caliber options.
Watch this video and take a closer look at the Savage 116 rifle.
What do you think of this rifle short list? The hunter must be comfortable with his weapon in all aspect. Each person has his own unique style and ways of doing things. I personally prefer heavier rifles as I feel like I have more shooting control with it. This may not be true to all shooters who do exceptionally well with lightweight hunting rifles.
Click here for the proper AR15 rifle maintenance.
Get this fixed blade hunting knife over at our Amazon store. Use NCSAVE10 to save off a few dollars!
Feature Image Via – scout