Properly fitted holsters are a must-have. If you are looking for the best concealed carry holsters in the market, here is what you need to know.
The Best Concealed Carry Holsters Every Gun Owner Needs
1. Pocket Holsters
As the name suggests, pocket holsters are designed to neatly fit into a pocket to hold some of the smallest carry guns. However, the size and type of your carry gun will dictate whether a pocket holster will comfortably fit in your front jeans pocket or if your pocket carry is better off with some cargo pants or shorts.
2. Belly Band Holsters
Belly band holsters are often made from thick pieces of neoprene or elastic. For these, you wrap them around your waist and secure them in place using buckles or Velcro. This way, you can effortlessly carry your concealed gun under your clothing.
What’s more, they make a great alternative for traditional holsters or when you do not want to wear a belt gun. Wear these with yoga pants, sweatpants, or leggings.
3. Belt Holsters
Since your belt holster and concealed gun generally ride on the outside of your pants, this type of holster is popular in places where open carry is legal. It can also be easily concealable with a jacket or shirt, hence popular in areas with cooler weather.
4. Shoulder Holsters
Besides their popularity, shoulder holsters are versatile since you do not need to wear your T-shirts with blazers or jackets to carry one. Consequently, they offer quick access to your gun, making them ideal for both men and women.
Lastly, shoulder holsters are comfortable when sitting or driving, easy to conceal with a blazer or jacket, and are the best option for larger and heavier carry guns.
RELATED: 5 Best Guns For Concealed Carry
5. Purse Holsters
Although body carry is always more ideal, most women’s clothing does not allow them to wear a holster or a gun belt. However, when done correctly, it is an equally practical and safe way to carry your gun.
Consider getting one of the uniquely designed purses that feature a separate purse holster compartment that is easily accessible and sometimes even lockable.
6. Ankle Holster
As the name suggests, ankle holsters wrap around your ankle. They feature an integrated holster that allows full coverage of your firearm by your pants.
Besides being ideal for backup firearms, they also come in handy when your choice of clothing doesn’t allow you to wear your handgun on your belt. And are generally comfortable for carrying your smaller guns.
- Keep in mind that ankle holsters need some getting used to before you are entirely comfortable with them, especially if you carry large guns
- You will also need some practice to draw your handgun safely
7. Inside the Waistband (IWB) Holsters
Inside the waistband holsters ride between your pants and your body. The clip on these holsters help you secure it in place with your firearm belt, which makes it almost impossible to see for any untrained person.
They are also go by the abbreviation AIWB, where the “A” stands for the appendix. This confirms that they are comfortable carrying in the appendix position.
- The best concealed carry holsters you choose should be specifically designed for your handgun model
- Your chosen holster should entirely cover the trigger guard on your firearm. This prevents negligent discharge should a foreign body enter between the trigger guard and the holster
- Horsehide or leather holsters are the most popular and custom-made for most guns. They are comfortable to carry on top of your clothing and even against your body
- On the other hand, polycarbonate holsters feature adjustable retention besides being lightweight, durable, and comfortable. They also come in various fits for different gun models
- Hybrid holsters are the best concealed carry holsters because they combine the best of polycarbonate and leather worlds. This way, they guarantee comfort, durability, and exceptional retention
Watch this video by Tactical Toolbox on best concealed carry holster for your body type:
There you go, fellow gun lovers. Knowing how to carry your self-defense handgun safely without compromising your comfort is something every gun owner should consider. Luckily, with this list, you are in a better condition to make a more informed decision on the best-concealed carry holsters available for you in the market.
Which concealed carry holster do you prefer? Let us know in the comment section below!
- Get Your Hands On The Best Concealed Carry 9mm Pistols
- Why You Should Have A Concealed Carry Permit
- Top 10 Guns That Are Perfect for Women
Disclaimer: All content on this site is for informational purposes only. Please read our full disclaimer here.