Long-range rifles aren’t worth all that much if they aren’t paired with a worthy optic.
The fact of the matter is that long range scopes can make a rifle more accurate than you can believe, while subpar optics can ruin your day and your hunt faster than you think. To that end, let’s go over the three best long-range rifle scopes we think you want to try sooner rather than later.
Top-Notch Long Range Rifle Scopes to Own Right Now
If you’re looking for an affordable but capable rifle scope, look no further. This optic is produced by one of the best manufacturers in the business: Vortex Optics.
It magnifies between 4x and 16x and comes with a 50 mm objective lens, allowing you to use the scope for medium-range hunting along with long-distance target shooting.
Furthermore, the radical is set on the second focal plane, which means that it won’t change size as you swap between magnifications.
It’s a better choice for hunters or marksmen that can make quick hold over calculations in their heads. But even better, the reticle is a BDC or bullet drop compensation variety.
This means it has special hash marks that allow you to automatically compensate for bullet drop without blocking your line of sight to your target.
The scope is also excellent for its ultra-forgiving eye box and a generous amount of eye relief. No need to worry about the scope bucking into your eye and giving you a bruise!
All in all, it’s affordable and effective through and through.
- The 6-24x50 Adjustable Objective Crossfire II riflescope is one of many configurations in the Crossfire II line. The Dead-Hold BDC reticle is good for...
- The adjustable objective provides image focus and parallax removal to the shooter while anti-reflective, fully multi-coated lenses provide bright and...
- With long eye relief and an ultra-forgiving eye box, you'll be able to quickly get a sight picture and acquire your target. The fast focus eyepiece...
View this post on Instagram
Leupold is another big name in the scope manufacturing business, and for good reason.
This rifle scope demonstrates their competence with a first focal plane variety, meaning the reticle does change size as you swap magnification powers.
But the holdover points are always accurate as a result. It can switch between 6.5 and 20x magnification and has a 50 mm objective lens.
The scope also features 100% weatherproof construction, so it’s a great hunting optic. More impressively, it comes with the proprietary Leupold Twilight Max Light Management System.
Discover the Truth About Almost Anybody: Be In The Know About The People in Your Life! Try A Background Check Today. Social Media, Photos, Police Records, Background Checks, Civil Judgments, Contact Information and Much More!
In a nutshell, the coatings on the scope lenses and the scope’s interior design allow it to collect about another 20 minutes of shooting light at the beginning and end of the day. Therefore, it’s a perfect optic for hunters that primarily go after prey that’s active during dusk and dawn.
Other benefits include tactile and easily adjustable windage and elevation turrets and aside focus you can utilize to compensate for parallax. While this scope is pricey, it’s well worth the cost considering all the value it brings to the table.
- Model #172347 - VX-3i LRP 8.5-25x50mm Side Focus with Front Focal TMR reticle and Matte finish
- 100% Waterproof, fogproof, and shockproof.
- Long Range Precision (LRP) Target Adjustments - An easy-to-grab dial with three revolutions of travel, a zero-stop, and a revolution indicator
View this post on Instagram
First time shooting in a competition with the @vortexoptics Razor Gen 2. Literally through the scope on the gun, zero’d at 100m and off to the races…..🐎 Really enjoying this EBR-7C ret👌🏼 #sofarsogood – – – #teamlegionnaire – – #vortexopticsrazorhd #vortex_rsa #vortex #howarifles #atlasbipods #mab #bergerbullets #normabrass #65creedmoor #impactproshop
This scope is even more expensive, but it’s also well worth the cost. It magnifies between 3 and 18x with a 50 mm objective lens, and it has a glass etched reticle that can be illuminated between 11 different brightness settings.
You can use this during high noon when the sun is brightest or in the middle of the night, whichever you need.
It’s a scope specifically designed for long-range shots because it features a special turn system. Windage, elevation, and parallax turrets can all be locked to prevent you from accidentally jostling them when you move.
They also feature a visual rotation indicator, so you always know where you’ve turned them and how long ago.
To make things even better, the scope is designed with high density and extra-low dispersion glass, and each lens is bolstered by special coatings that reduce reflection and increase light transmission for better optical clarity and true color.
Ultimately, this scope has tons of value in its design and its components’ quality.
- The Razor HD Gen II 4. 5-27x56 riflescope is feature rich and deadly accurate; perfect for advanced precision shooting and tactical operations. The...
- Built for dialing in long-range, precision shots, the L-TEC Turret System features a locking mechanism that prevents accidental elevation adjustments....
- A 6x zoom range offers magnification versatility while the fast focus eyepiece adjusts the reticle into sharp focus. Side parallax adjustment and...
These three long range scopes are the best of the best right now, but the decision is still yours. Give them a try first to see which one suits your needs better!
Which of these long range scopes for rifles do you fancy the most? Let us know in the comments section!