Red dot sights are some of the most popular tools that hunters and other firearm enthusiasts use to improve their accuracy for hunting, tactical situations, or target practice competitions. Excellent red dot sights will be versatile, easy to control, and provide good durability so they last for a long time. Let’s take a look at the top-tier AR red dot sights we’d recommend for most shooters.
Best AR Red Dot Sights in the Market Today
- The updated Crossfire red dot is a no-nonsense sight for near any application, and when your rifle, shotgun, or rimfire needs a simple point of aim and none of the frills, the Crossfire should be at the top of your list.
- With up to a 50, 000 hour battery life and night-vision compatibility at the lowest two settings, the sight will keep working in a variety of conditions. The low and skeletonized lower 1/3 co-witness mounts provide vesatility for this lightweight optic.
- The 2 MOA dot is quick to acquire in close-quarters, while remaining fine enough to promote pin-point accuracy at extended range. 11 illumination settings allows shooters to change the dot intensity to the situation at hand.
- Increased light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces. Unlimited eye relief for rapid target acquisition.
- Highly durable hard-coat anodization provides a low-glare matte surface and helps camouflage position. O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris from penetrating for reliable waterproof performance
Vortex Optics is one of the best firearm accessory manufacturers in the world, producing high-quality scopes and other optics like no one else.
This AR red dot sight comes with up to 50,000 hours in battery life and can even provide night vision functionality at its lowest to settings (of which there are 11 total). You can swap between the illumination settings quickly using easy to control knobs on the side of the optic.
It also features increased light transmission thanks to multicoated lenses. The outside is just as durable, with a hard coat of anodizing material that protects the scope from corrosion damage and makes sure that it doesn’t glare in the sun, giving away your position.
All in all, it’s a perfect choice for most rifles and even some shotguns.
- ✔ TACTICON IS A COMBAT VETERAN OWNED COMPANY ✔ STURDIEST AND MOST ACCURATE REFLEX SIGHT ON AMAZON - Incredibly fast target acquisition with the parallax free design. Incredibly easy to sight-in. Holds zero even after thousand of shots.
- ✔ 4 ADJUSTABLE RETICLE SETTINGS ✔ 2 COLOR SETTINGS (RED OR GREEN RETICLE) - Whether you are shooting at dawn, dusk, night, or the middle of the day we engineered this to allow for 4 different reticle types too choose from as well as red or green color settings for all reticle variations.
- ✔ 45-DEGREE OFFSET MOUNT INCLUDED - This reflex sight was engineered to co-witness perfectly with iron sights. TACTICON brand iron sights work the best with this optic.
- ✔ WATERPROOF ✔ FOG PROOF ✔ REFLECTIVE PROTECTION - Sealed with O-rings to prevent moisture or dust from getting inside and nitrogen purged to prevent fogging inside the glass optic. Reflection proof lens coating to effectively shoot in the sun.
- ✔ LIFETIME WARRANTY AND EXTRA SET OF BATTERIES INCLUDED! No hassle 100% satisfaction guarantee with every sight. 3 LR44 batteries PLUS 3 extra LR44 batteries are included!
Check out this red dot sight, which is a reflex-style rifle optic that comes with four adjustable reticle patterns in addition to adjustable color settings between red or green.
This customization will go well with hunters or marksmen that like to personalize all their rifle builds.
Furthermore, the optic comes with a 45° offset mount, so it’s easy to co-witness with existing iron sights on your build.
The sight comes with reflection-proof lens coatings, as well, making it easy to use even in the direct light of the sun.
- The Strikefire II Red/Green Dot is a rugged, reliable red dot sight that is at home in a variety of shooting applications. It allows the shooter to operate between two dot colors and ten brightness settings to easily adjust for changing conditions
- Fully multi-coated lenses provide a clean and bright, unobscured point of view. Unlimited eye relief allows for rapid target acquisition. Max Elevation Adjustment- 100 MOA. Max Windage Adjustment- 100 MOA
- The single-piece chasis is compact and lightweight but still delivers shockproof performance withstanding both recoil and impact. Nitrogen purging and o-ring seals ensure fogproof and waterproof performance
- An offset cantilever mount is provided; allowing you to move the sight forward to be used in conjunction with a magnifier and backup iron sights all on the same rail
- With aesthetics and functionality in mind, the power controls are at the rear of the Strikefire for easy access. The Strikefire II runs off a CR2 battery.
Vortex returns once again with this quality AR red dot sight. It also comes with two dot colors, along with 10 brightness settings to let you adjust your illumination depending on your ambient light environment.
The optic is constructed from a single piece of aircraft-grade aluminum, so it’s both lightweight and durable at the same time.
It comes with an offset cantilever mount, so you can move the sight forward and use it with a magnifier or backup iron sights on the same mounting rail.
All the controls are at the rear of the scope for easy access. You can even adjust for windage and elevation using the control knobs located on its compact chassis.
- Tubeless design with 42mm reflex lens aperture provides quick target acquisition, also a wider field of view to maintain situational awarenes.
- 4 Selectable reticles and 5 brightness settings. Low power consumption for long battery life.
- Integrated mount for standard 20mm Picatinny or Weaver rails which will not loose, made to last.
- Parallax corrected & unlimited eye-relief. Fully adjustable height, brightness, windage and elevation. Where the dot goes, so does the bullet!
- Made of high grade aluminum alloy which makes the red dot sight durable and light weight.
This red dot reflex sight also comes with four selectable reticles and five brightness settings.
Even better, it runs on low-power automatically to reduce battery consumption, so its overall battery life should last you for a long time to come.
The purchase comes with an integrated mount that allows you to set it on Weaver or Picatinny rails depending on your preference. Furthermore, it’s already parallax corrected and offers unlimited eye relief.
You can adjust its height for more comfort or adjust for windage and elevation using the knobs on the side. In short, it’s budget-friendly and there’s nothing it can’t do!
- The Viper Red Dot Sight has a super low-profile making it perfect for handguns with cut-out slides.
- The Viper's low height allows it to co-witness with iron sights and the 6 MOA dot is easy to pick up and get you on target fast. Power and illumination controls are easy for shooters to access and adjust.
- The fully multi-coated, ultra-clear lens offers a wide, unobstructed field of view while Armortek coatings protect your lens from oil, dirt, and scratches.
- Hard anodized finish- highly durable low-glare matte finish. 1 MOA windage and elevation adjustments move the dot to your point of aim.
- Waterproof and shockproof construction ensure your Viper Red Dot is ready for all conditions; O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris from penetrating for reliable performance in all environments.
This last Vortex optic is a particularly good choice for pistols or shotguns since it doesn’t rise very high above the weapon’s barrel.
It works well with handguns that have cut out slides and are easy to use in conjunction with iron sights.
You still have easy access to illumination and power controls. The lenses are multicoated and ultra-clear, and the rest of the optic benefits from special coatings to reduce its likelihood of glaring and improve its durability.
Waterproof and shockproof construction ensures that this optic will last just as long as a reliable Glock or similar handgun.
Which of these AR red dot sights do you think is the best one? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section!